Enter Title Here

Enter Title Here

Offensive content goes here

Offensive content goes here

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

JOTI 2012

This year I experienced my first Jamboree On The Internet (JOTI) ever. Held on the 20th and 21st of October, I didn't go as a participant, which is quite unfortunate because I can't get that experience, I went as an officer instead. Met new friends and got to briefly know some scouts (participants). Experiencing JOTI as an officer was quite a challenge though different from a participants point of view. Because I was in the Mac room, there were quite the number of problems with the IP addresses, password errors and sort. Some scouts kept asking questions and some just kept their questions to themselves, when I made my rounds I would catch a pair struggling to solve a problem (usually print screen) and they didn't want to ask until I approached them. The girls were more open and hence they were the ones to ask a lot of questions or communicate when I check their logbooks. Mr. Tony and I were in charge of the International Understanding Phase. There were six phases for the participants to choose and complete in order to get their JOTI badges. Based on the JOTI feedback on scouters, I have a feeling that most of the scouts mistook me for Mr. Tony or think that there are two Mr. Tonys. Hahaha. I sure am looking forward to next year's JOTI.

No comments: