Enter Title Here

Enter Title Here

Offensive content goes here

Offensive content goes here

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

It Was Blank

I've been pretty busy recently with settling into my job steadily and a few other activities.

Just to summarise what happened the past two months;

I attended Victor and Kar Wei's engagement lunch. There was also Kai, Wilson, KW, Chia, Wee and Cardin there. We caught up with each other over the Chinese seven course meal.

I participated in the Lite A Lif3 Charity Run with Rachael. The run is like Spectrum Dash, we had to be in pairs and we were tied to each other. Rachael doesn't run a lot so she can't really run, hence I walked more than I jogged or ran during this event.

I helped at an event job with Hannah. It was a corporate team building event and we were the marshals. Ryan Ryan was supposed to be there but he had exams so he couldn't go. Lydia and Kayla too, but they had a last minute call to meet their dean so they couldn't make it. The event was supposed to be like the Amazing Race kind of event but because of the hazard haze condition, the event was changed into an indoor team building activity in the ballroom of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel. I forgot the name of the company but it's German and the employees (and employers) are these people of different ethnic groups from Kazakhstan, France and many more that I failed to take notice. I made friends with Jia Han, a friend of Hannah's. After the event was over, the client was gracious and grateful so they invited us to join their dinner later in the evening. It very generous of them because the dinner was fine dining. There was a free flow of beer and wine, and I ate these exquisite French dishes that had stuff like caviar (which I learn that I dislike) and made from French culinary technique terms that I'm unfamiliar with. It was pretty good and I had my fill.

I went to my company's annual dinner at SOULed OUT at Sri Hartamas. The buffet dinner this year is smaller though the food was better. The dinner theme was James Bond and everyone had to dress like the gentleman spy so I borrowed Ryan's blazer, slapped a few of my clothes together (I can't wear my slacks so I wore black jeans-like pants), a bow tie and somehow I got nominated for best dressed, though I didn't win, I was quite ecstatic (and a whole lot nervous). After dinner we drank beers down at the bar of the restaurant until late. There was a band performance and through a request, Far, KeShan and Ryan got Iman to sing on stage with the band. She didn't want to but went to do it anyway. What a night it was. Thankfully my alcohol tolerance improved so I was only tipsy and I manage to get myself sober before driving home. Luckily I rejected taking the unusual bombs Far and Steven ordered or I might have gotten smashed.

I started playing Quidditch. It started when I saw a Quidditch tournament on Halloween that was open for anyone, experienced and first-timers to join. Yati and I went for it and now I go for Quidditch practice almost every week. The sport is really fun to play, it's like two games going on at once, one is like rugby and the other is like dodgeball.

I went to the Foodgasm Fest with Lydia, Audrey, Kayla, Ryan and Yati, along with a friend of Audrey's who's name I forgot and this guy with Kayla who she didn't introduce. The location was very muddy thanks to the monsoon season bringing in the rain on a daily basis. The food was pretty good and we had quite a good time. During this time I caught up with Lydia, who I haven't talked to in the longest time.

I went to the Gunpla Expo & Builders World Cup 2015 with Saw, Rachael and her brother, who's name starts with R but I forgot. I was really damn lucky getting my hands on one of the last few sets of limited edition Neon Beargguy III and getting Kawaguchi Katsumi's autograph on it. Kawaguchi-san is the inventor of Gunpla. After that we went to check out Mr Gunpla Studio & Cafe in Kota Damansara.

I went to an event job with Ryan, Lydia and Kayla. It was the TLC Festival Malaysia 2015. The whole thing was quite the experience but it wasn't completely in a good light for me. The whole place was muddy, once again thanks to the monsoon season. I was layered with mud and I got a terrible sunburn, which is now a really dark tan on my skin. I can't wait until I become fair again. I heard that Lydia has got a new boyfriend quite some time ago and so I confirmed it with her about it after the event job. She actually didn't want to tell me about it because she was afraid I might ask a lot of questions but I assured her that I won't because there's no reason for me to. I felt happy for her and I took the news better than I thought. Looks like it's time for me to move on.

For the few weekends of November, I went jogging with Yati and Marcus around Bukit Kiara Park and Trail. I don't really know what's the name for the trail but we call it the Park and Trail respectively. The times when I go jogging alone, I got adventurous and I went on to juggle trek in the forest and the mountain bike trails. I got lost twice during both adventures and it wasn't such a bad experience. The first time I got lost I bumped into Xiau Fong. I'm surprised she remembered me because we only knew each other for two days at a scout camping course when we were 16 or 17. The best part about juggle trekking there is how I get to see nature so nearby.

As usual, I'm spending a lot of my money on food. I have to control myself somehow. It's making me constantly broke. Thanks to Groupon, I've been trying out new places. My interest in cafes have also increased. That's pretty bad news for my wallet though.

I somehow got conjunctivitis. It probably started when I accidentally rubbed some aloe vera gel into my eye while applying it to help recover from my sunburns. At first it was only in my right eye, after I went to see the doctor, my left eye got it too. Now it's gotten better and it's not so bad to the point I can't work properly, it's just minor.

Christmas is around the corner. I can't wait.

No comments: