Enter Title Here

Enter Title Here

Offensive content goes here

Offensive content goes here

Monday, January 11, 2016

New Year Clouds

So it's obviously the new year, and almost everybody on the planet would be making new year resolutions and looking forward to new stuff and bla bla bla. I'm not like that. This year didn't feel any different for me, it's just another day with more uncertainties ahead.

Anyway, it's still the new year so I obviously made some plans to celebrate. Out of the small list of things I planned to do on new year's eve to welcome the new year, I decided on seeing the first sunrise of the year. Unfortunately we can't see a good sunrise from the beach on the west coast and we're not very keen on traveling to the east coast to see it so Marcus, Yati and I decided to climb Broga Hill to hopefully see the sunrise, knowing that it's almost impossible to see it because of the clouds and mist. We invited Kuui to join us and we planned out how the itinerary.

After work, I met up with Marcus and Yati and we went to buy some snacks. I had to cut my hair before that so it took some time as there was a queue at the hair stylist. After that we made a last minute decision and Marcus went back home to grab his PS2 and then we headed to my house in my car. I took the guys to have dinner at the koptiam that my family always go to to introduce them to the delicious tom yam there. After dinner we headed back to my house and we played games into the night. We were so into the game that we didn't notice it was already the new year until we heard the fireworks. In the previous years my family and I could always get a good view of the fireworks display at Setia City Mall from my house but this time, we couldn't see a thing because the bamboo tree outside my house has grown so tall that it blocks the view, so we didn't get to see any fireworks this year.

We continued to play games for around an hour and then Yati and I went to sleep. Marcus decided to stay up. At 3am, we woke up and got ready to head out. We got into my car and we headed down to pick Kuui up. After we got him from his house, we went straight to Broga Hill. I made a couple wrong turns along the way because KL roads are shit but we got to the hill just fine. We thought maybe we were the only ones who had the idea of climbing the hill but we thought wrong. There were a lot of people at the hill. Luckily we were still early so we didn't have to queue for long to get into the makeshift parking lot and a spot to park my car. It had started to rain as we were going in but we decided that we should just go for it because we were already there and that going back out would make the trip a waste. So we walked up to the hill following a small crowd. Not wanting to snail walk up with the crowd, we took paths that are not occupied as there are some new instalments along the journey up to the hill to support and aid people to go up the hill safely. The condition of the hill has worsened since the last time I went there, the steps have become smooth and slippery and signs of landslides reveal a lot of lose boulders and some paths has become steeper making it dangerous. The short rain had stopped already and that made things a little better. When we got to the first peak, it was crowded with people sitting around waiting for the sunrise. Our goal was to reached the highest peak so we pushed on. Up and and up we went. Some people had tents set up indicating that they may have been there for a while. We manage to get to the top where it was the most crowded because of the small space and the crowd. The worst part of the climb was that there were idiots at every peak smoking their cigarettes. Such fools! People are there to enjoy the fresh air and these imbeciles are there polluting it. They were not just creating air pollution, they were also disturbing the environment by throwing their cigarette butts on the ground. Such retarded dimwits. We found a spot to sit down facing the direction of the sunrise and we waited and took in the wind (and suffocated at the smell of cigarette smoke), hopefully getting the chance to see the sunrise as seen in photos online. Unfortunately for us, the sky only lit up, indicating that the sun had rose but we couldn't see it peak from behind the hills in the distance because of the heavy clouds from the result of the earlier rain and the mists. It wasn't that bad though because we got to get the exercise. However, the blissful peace didn't last long. Nature started calling and it called fast. The tom yam from last night is doing it's job. We then proceeded to make our way down the hill as quick as possible. My stomach grumbled and bubbled as I clenched my butt cheeks like my life depends on it. I barely made it as we made our way to the public toilet but holding it in the whole journey down sure seemed like a miracle to me, I don't think I've ever held my shit in for so long before, not when it has to come out in a sea of red waterfall (and burning pain thanks to the tom yam). A wave of relief surged over me as I emptied my bowels into the surprisingly clean toilet bowl, unfortunately the flush was broken so I couldn't wash my submarines down into the drain (or sewer, whatever).

After I was done with my ordeal, we went back to my car, changed our sweat drenched shirts and cleaned our shoes as much as possible and we headed out for breakfast. On the climb up the hill, Marcus and I overheard some climbers in front of us talking about a good place that serves pork noodles in Cheras, so we decided to go for that. When we reached the store, it wasn't opened yet. So I winded down the windows and turned off the engine and went to sleep, it was a tiring hike and I didn't get enough sleep last night after all. After about an hour and a half, we all woke up and we went to grab our breakfast. The restaurant is called OUG Seafood Pork Noodle. I ordered their seafood and pork noodles and it was better than I expected. The broth (or soup) was bursting with flavour and the noodles were cooked nicely. The amount of seafood and meat however was not enough however, still quality over quantity I guess. If I ever pass by again, I would go there to have another bowl of their noodles.

After our meal, Marcus took over the wheel because I had reached my limit and I fell into a slumber in the backseat of my car. Marcus woke me up when we reached his house. He had already dropped Kuui and Yati off at their homes to rest up before our next agenda. I slept some more in Marcus' room as he did his own stuff. After an hour or two, we headed back out. Marcus took his car and went to pick Kuui up and I went to pick Yati. We convoyed our way back to my house. We set up the PS2 and we played into the evening. After feeding my dogs, we went to Z Bistro near my house because I wanted the guys to try the satay there. Unfortunately they were out of lamb, so we had to settle for chicken and beef only. After our fill, we went back to my house and we continued to play games. The initial plan was that my friends will go home after dinner but while played games, Marcus fell asleep and he looked so tired so we didn't want to wake him up. I let Kuui and Yati watch 5cm per Second on the TV and because of the terrible subtitles on the copy I downloaded, Kuui was confused and Yati couldn't contain his laughter (Yati has watched the movie before). After that we skimmed through Redline and then we went to sleep at 3am.

The next morning, we continued to play games. Marcus said they will go back at 10am so we didn't go out for breakfast but with playing games, they didn't go back as they said they will. My parents returned from their trip to Penang and was surprised to see the guys still here. My mom made some desserts for us and we continued to play games until 2pm, then we went to have lunch with my parents at the kopitiam. After lunch, we continued to play games until 4pm when the guys decided it was time to leave. I guess it was kinda my fault that they decided to leave so soon because I fell asleep at the couch.

So that was how we spent our new year. Played games, climbed a hill, played more games until we're dead tired. What a way to start 2016.

No comments: