Enter Title Here

Enter Title Here

Offensive content goes here

Offensive content goes here

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The Day A Part Of Me Died

A part of my life and soul died when someone broke into my dad's car this morning and stole my Nintendo DS and iPod earphones. My pride, joy and dedication of 6 years just disappeared like that in the 20 minutes my dad and I went to have breakfast at the usual kopitiam at Kepong. In my DS was my Pokemon White version which held a complete PokeDex, 62 legendary Pokemon, 20 shiny Pokemon and various rare event exclusive Pokemon which one cannot obtain ever again. It also had Pokemon transfered from the previous games, Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl and Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver and also Pokemon of other various languages notably Japanese and German.

Today I made a few mistakes I've never done before. First was I didn't trust my instincts when I left the house with my DS, a nagging feeling in the back of my head started when I took my DS in my hands and slept in the back of my dad's car as he sent my sister to college. Later, we went to Kepong and had breakfast. I just woke up and was groggy so I put my DS and iPod earphones in the glove compartment, which I never do. If I want to leave anything valuable in the car, I would put it in the back pocket of the passenger's seat because it's discreet and if completely hidden from view. But I put it in the glove compartment with the door open, for anyone who wants to steal see. After our meal, my dad and I went back to the car only to be shocked to find that the passenger's seat window was smashed. My dad thought some rock fell and broke the window but being more observant I noticed that the shards reach all the way to the driver's seat, someone broke the window on purpose, but nothing was touched, my dad's wallet, money, handphone and various things were left untouched. I opened the glove compartment to be sure and the world around me smashed into a million pieces. 6 years, 6 years of hardcore collection, literally catching 'em all, my risky gamble of getting Pokemon I want through online trades, 6 years of climbing the steps to become the Pokemon Master, all crumbled into dust, leaving nothing behind but the emptiness of my heart. I felt so hollow and disappointed in myself. How could I have made such careless actions? And my dad, of all places parked behind the shops, no one would notice if someone was killed because no one goes through there.

My dad and I asked some workers in a kitchen if they saw anyone. The guy there said he didn't see anyone and told us there's a lot of bad people around the area, if they see something they deem valuable, they'll take it. But I know, this guy knew who took it but didn't dare to tell us because he feared his life, he's just a worker there and the people who stole my DS were gangsters or drug addicts. This thief must be a stupid person anyway, how is he gonna sell my DS? It's a console, not a phone, you cant sell consoles as easy as phones. I don't mind if he wants the console, I want my game card, it's where all my years of dedicated lies in.

We went to my mom's office where I couldn't hold it in and cried my heart out in the toilet. My hard work, the one thing I could be proud of, vanished and I don't know if I can find it ever again. My mom helped me talk to the kopitiam people and see if they can look out for my DS. Even if I can get my DS back, will the data in my game card still have my treasures? The DS, game card and iPod earphones were things I bought on my own.

Nothing can ever replace the treasures in that game card. The Spikey-eared Pichu, Japanese Meloetta, the special event Darkrai, everything. Those are the treasures only so few in the world has, I was one of them.

In the first time in my life, I know what it feels like when you lose something truly important to you. It doesn't sound as serious as it seems but, I lost my position as a Pokemon Master, the childhood dream I've only ever achieved. I lost a part of my soul and I failed myself.

This day is the day a part of me died.
Tuesday, 5th of February 2013 (5-2-2013)

No comments: