Enter Title Here

Enter Title Here

Offensive content goes here

Offensive content goes here

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

JOTI13.PU

Last Saturday and Sunday (19th, 20th October) was the annual Jamboree on The Air and Jamboree on The Internet (JOTA, JOTI). This year I helped out at the JOTI Petaling Utama (hence JOTI13.PU, PU is Petaling Utama if that's not obvious enough) again as an officer. I was assigned as the Mac room head officer.

On the first day I had to wake up really early because on the same day, my sister was going for some cheer leading competition and they had to meet up at SS2 at 6am. After my dad dropped her, I had breakfast with my dad before going to Sri KL, the school hosting JOTI13.PU. I was the first officer to arrive so I had to wait for a bit. When Mr Colin and the head officers arrived, we immediately got to work, starting up the computers and readying them for JOTI. After that, we had our opening ceremony. During the ceremony, Mr Ekbert installed Joon Keet and Kai Liang their assistant scoutmaster epaulets. After the opening ceremony, Mr Colin got the scouts to get into pairs and patrols, he briefed them about the jamboree, rules and stuff.

The jamboree started and together with Lysandra and Mun Keat, we watched over the Mac room. There were a lot of technical problems at the start, some scouts couldn't sign up for a Yahoo account and some couldn't get a verification email from the JOTAJOTI website. The problems were soon solved and things went pretty smoothly. I spent most of the time in the Mac room alone, doing my own things while watching over the scouts to make sure they are focused on their phases and to respond to their problems, for both days. That's pretty much what an officer does.

I was impressed by the scouts' performances during JOTI Night. Most of their sketches were really good; short, funny and straight to the point. On the first night, the scouts worked themselves till late night wanting to finish as much as they can. The jamboree came to an end after an award and closing ceremony. I'm looking forward to next year's JOTI!

No comments: