Enter Title Here

Enter Title Here

Offensive content goes here

Offensive content goes here

Saturday, April 4, 2015

31 at Midnight

It's been quite some time already since Lydia last made me owe her ice cream, Baskin Robbins ice cream on top of that. I've never bought BR before and the last time I had a taste of BR's was when I was 10. Reason being that it has always appear to me as expensive ice cream, which to me is still, expensive ice cream. It has always been on my mind and I've been looking for the right time to get her that. A few times already had I asked her if she wanted to claim her free scoop of ice cream but on those occasions she was either not feeling well or wanted to lose some weight.

So last Tuesday, on the 31st of March, the day before GST is applied in Malaysia, the day Baskin Robbins have a 31% discount on their goodies, I went to purchase a quart of ice cream for Lydia (and also a quart for my family). Earlier in the afternoon Denise was blabbing as usual and she suggested that I give Lydia ice cream because she's so busy with assignments and that it would be pretty sweet to give her ice cream. Sure, I really do wanna give her ice cream but I needed a reason. I've always needed a reason because of my low self-esteem. Denise said that I should just go to her house and give it to her at night, that sounded like an idea that I had in the back of my head which I had dumped because it sounds so fictional and annoying to the receiving party but hearing that from another person pushed my determination to do so. Denise then asked Chloe and Hannah about their opinions on this course of action and they said it would be pretty sweet as well. So that sparked the flame in me and after work, I went to buy Lydia her ice cream. It was my first time buying from Baskin Robbins and it felt like an accomplishment.

Later that night, I lied to my parents that I was gonna surprise a friend with the ice cream and took the car down. After building up some more courage, I got out of my car, walked in the park in front of her house and called her. It took her a while to come out after hanging up and she was surprised. I told her pretty honestly that "I just felt like it" when she asked why I got her the ice cream, and also that I still owed her ice cream. We talked for a bit in the middle of the road, about what's going on, how's it at the store, upcoming plans and the sort. I confessed that I wanted to ask her out but because she's going for a trip I couldn't ask her. She in turn then said that we should arrange on another time but because she's so busy with her assignments she can't make any promises. I'm fine with that because I know too well the workload she's going through.

I'm glad I actually did drive to her place just to give her ice cream, it was her favorite flavor too. I hope she liked it. Uh. I feel so childish.

No comments: