Enter Title Here

Enter Title Here

Offensive content goes here

Offensive content goes here

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

The Heart of Damansara Jaya

Atria had been closed and knocked to the ground. That small mall had been a part of my childhood where I'd spend most of my time during my primary school years. Now it has been rebuilt and soon to be open and I am there, weekly. Why? I'm setting up the new Hamley's outlet there.

Yeah, I returned to Hamley's and had been doing what I like to do, storeroom work and stock transfers and now, with the new outlet opening, I went to lend a hand at what I'm good at. I didn't know what to expect the first morning at Atria, looking from the outside I could tell that the shopping gallery (that's what it's called now) isn't completed but going inside, it was far more incomplete that I thought. The opening to the mall (I'm lazy to type 'shopping gallery') had been postponed by a whole month since February and from the looks of it, it seemed as if the owners or whatever people who own this project haven't been paying their workers because almost everything isn't done yet. Shops are all still boarded up, the floors are still covered in boards, the escalators were still undergoing tests. It's no wonder that when Steven asked me to help with the setting up, he said that I will suffer because everything here is dusty like an abandoned mansion. The people who were there to do the opening were Steven, his friend Alex and Kai Yin, who's from the Hamley's outlet in Quill City Mall.

The first week I was working there, Nadine and her friend, Shazlan were there to help out. They did displaying while I had to help Say Nee do stock count for the stocks that were forced to be delivered from the Subang Parade fair to Atria instead of 1Utama. It took me four days to do the stock count because I also had to do, "on-the-spot stock transfers" because of the relocation of the stocks from Subang Parade. On Friday after Nadine and Shaz had stopped helping out because of college projects, Lydia joined us, the outlet setup team is reassembled! It seems as if we're gonna be done with our part. I'll stop working at Hamley's again once the setting up here is done, I guess the same goes with Lydia.

I look forward to the new Atria Shopping Gallery.

No comments: