Enter Title Here

Enter Title Here

Offensive content goes here

Offensive content goes here

Friday, August 7, 2015

Times Squared Day Out

Last Wednesday, I went down to KL with Saw and Rachael. It was my first time in Berjaya Times Square and I was blown away by it's structure. There were so many floors and the escalator going up to the mall we took was so many floors up! I've seen pictures of the theme park inside the mall but actually seeing the roller coaster zipping around the insides of a shopping mall was just wack! There were other interesting interactive attractions like the piano staircase and the liquid tiles on the floor. I was like a little kid introduced to a brand new environment (because duh, I was in a mall I've never been in before). The reason we came all the way out here was simple. Saw wanted to look for this Gunpla (Gundam model) and he invited Rachael and I to come along, to which was both a good and bad decision I made.

On one of the highest floors in the mall was a Gundam shop that just sold Gunpla and I was like a kid walking in a candy store. There were so many types of Gunpla stacked along the walls and the shelves of the small, brightly lit, quiet store. The best part? Everything was dirt cheap compared to the ones sold at Hamleys or Toys"R"Us or any other departmental store that retailed Gunpla. I was so overwhelmed by the variety and price that I almost couldn't decide what to take. When Steven saw me admiring the Gundam Origin movie's Guntank Early Type, he recommended it. At first I was to take buy a Hi-Mock but then I ended up buying the Guntank and a Z'Gok.

After my facepalm-worthy purchase, we headed to Sungei Wang Plaza because Saw couldn't find the model he wanted. Sungei Wang Plaza was like the opposite of Berjaya Times Square. The ceiling was low and the place was small and cramped. Saw took the two of us to walk around and then we headed to the Litt Tak Hobby Shop on the top most floor. Once again I was swooped off my feet by the collection of build models of various brands. One that caught my attention was the Evangelion, EVA Unit-13. Rachael and I were fascinated by the four little colored Petit'GGuy. With hesitation, I bought all four colors. Another facepalm for Rachael and Saw.

Saw still couldn't find his Gunpla and our agenda kind ended for the day already. What's left is our board game night with other friends. After lunch at a wanton mee shop in the mall, we headed back to the parking lot in Berjaya Times Square and we headed to Sunway because I brought up the Gundam shop Saw mentioned before and that I wanted to go see it as well as ride the BRT (Bus Rapid Transit) before they start charging for riding it.

Saw parked his car at the outdoor parking lot outside Sunway Pyramid and we took the BRT. I was excited as if I was riding a locomotive (I assume I would be excited like that because I've never ridden a locomotive before, also I love trains). The BRT was like an LRT only it was a bus, a really nice and clean bus, a really nice and clean bus that ran like an LRT, only it was a bus. We got off at Mentari and Saw guided us to the Gundam Hobby Shop. It was a quiet shoplot on the top floor also flooded with various Gunpla models, only unlike the one in Berjaya Times Square, this one is in more variety and less quantity. They even have really old models that are hard to find, to which this was where I found probably the last ever Beargguy. I proceeded to buy it along with an Acguy to complete my Beargguy collection. With that purchase, I had amounted a total of nine Gunpla models in one day, which was by far the most insane shopping spree I have ever done. Rachael bought her four Petit'GGuy here which was cheaper than the ones I bought at Sungei Wang Plaza. I mentally gross sobbed over this.

After making my satisfying but financially painful purchase, we took the BRT again and rode it to every stop to see where it goes. Saw and Rachael actually didn't want to but I was adamant about riding it and at the last stop in USJ7, Saw was glad he rode it because we got to see how convenient the BRT proves to be to the public. (Recently the price of riding the BRT was released and it proves to be discouragingly and ridiculously expensive. I'd rather walk than take the BRT.)

After we got back to Saw's car, we headed to 1Utama to pick up our remaining comrades, Ryan and KK to go play board games at a board game cafe in Damansara Jaya called All Aboard. We decided to have dinner first so after walking around Atria and visiting the Hamleys store there, we had chicken rice at this restaurant I recommended. After dinner we walked over to the board game cafe.

KV was joining us later so we went ahead and started playing first. I straight away found Coup. It was a card game I watched on Wil Wheaton's TableTop (by Geek and Sundry on YouTube) and with guidance by the store keeper, we played the game as a warm up. After KV arrived, I picked up Gloom, I've played this card game before because Kar Loke has it. The store keeper got busy so he taught us halfway and I taught the remaining parts to the others and we played a round. KK had a genius idea and he asked if they had Cards Against Humanity. The rest of the night was a series of loud laughs and teary eyes (and questions asking what some of the cards mean). We went home late that night. I'm definitely going there again. (There as in the Gundam shops in Berjaya Times Square, Sunway Mentari and All Aboard)

No comments: