Enter Title Here

Enter Title Here

Offensive content goes here

Offensive content goes here

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Of Hobbies and Interests

On the 20th and the 21st of December, Comicfiesta 2008 was held at Sunway Piramid. I did not notice until Otakugami-sama (SenzO-kouhai) told me about it during our scout meeting on the 20th. I really wanted to go but guess what, my dad forced me to go to a party that I had no intention to attend at all. Lets take this back to a few weeks ago...

My dad came home telling my sister and I that our friend invited us to a Christmas party. I did not have any interest at all because it was just a party and besides, I had other things in mind. My sister and I did not hesitate to say "NO!!" but my dad has this problem or maybe habit of his to keep talking and not listen to what others have to say. (This only applies to within my family.) Yeah, if you're thinking, he is long winded. For two whole weeks we told him we did not want to go every time he mentions it and totally ignores our cries and he input the words, "Yeah, okay, let's go!" in his head.

On the 20th when my dad picked me up after scout meeting, I told him about the Comicfiesta and he said,

"No! Our friends invited us to a party and you want to go somewhere not important?! I'll feel very ashamed if I suddenly turned him down on the last minute! If it was a week ago it'll be okay!"

"But I did not even want to go in the first place!" I retorted.

And my dad's reply was, "You said you wanted to go! Now you say you don't?!".

What the hell?! If he had just shut up and listen to us, my dad won't have heard the words that manifests in his head!! My dad then fired his meaningless lecture about priorities all the way home.

Over view, I did not agree on going to some Christmas party while my dad forced me to go. I prefer to go to a place where I can enjoy myself by indulging myself in things that my hobbies and interests relate to, therefor, I wanted to go to the Comicfiesta badly.

Which would you prefer? Go after your hobbies and interests or go to a party you never intended to go to? I wish I can drive soon so that I don't have to suffer not going to places I want to go and get dragged around to placed I don't want to go.

Okay, I admit, I had some fun at the party. The food was good, pasta only.

3 comments:

Todric said...

I agree with you botak head,oh wait where are the pics of the scout meets?

Max said...

oh, im pretty sure i dont wanna put it up here yet.

Todric said...

awww,but its great man and slightly funny :) :)