Enter Title Here

Enter Title Here

Offensive content goes here

Offensive content goes here

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

C2AGE F.I.V.E.

Comics! Cosplay! Anime! Games!
Together you get C2AGE!

The last time I was at C2AGE was in 2010. This year, C2AGE FIVE (Cosplay, Comic, Anime and Games Exhibition, Freeing Imagination via Entertainment) of the year 2011 was held at Tropicana City Mall for two days. Being myself, I went there for both days despite my assignment workload.

Day 1

Yati and I met up at Centerpoint McDonald's and then hitched Wayne's ride to Tropicana City Mall. We got there in time for the opening of C2AGE FIVE, we met up with Kin Yen and Ang Yu and I see a lot of familiar faces. After the serious speech for a non-serious event, the place went wild and performances were in queue. The three of us did not cosplay on this day because we did not plan to. Walking around and snapping pictures, I eventually got tempted to cosplay and started considering if I should.

Yati and I entered the noodle eating competition after hearing that the grand prize is RM200. Boy we should have not participated. The rule was to eat as many bowls of noodles in ten minutes. Heck, after Yati finished four bowls, they ran out of noodles. I couldn't gobble up because I got nervous only had three bowls. There was dissatisfaction among participants but we did not bother to make complaints. The only complaint was the deciding of the winner because the judge declared a guy who ate five bowls the winner when there was a guy with six. The crowd who was watching the competition argued with the judge and they cleared things up later, Yati and I were too disappointed to pay them any attention. Wasted RM10.

Jun Ee and Eugene were in a band performance under the band, R.M.T. (Royal Milk Tea). I think this is the Taylor's Lakeside Campus Anime Club's band because I remember them performing before at Taylor's Anime Festival last year. Jun Ee talked to me and he was a little upset because his guitar string snapped half way during the performance. Seeing them perform made me wanna form a band too, joining a band is fine with me, I just wanna sing!

Sometime in the afternoon, Kin Yen and Ang Yu called Wayne, Yati and I to join them to play some interesting board games from overseas in one of the booths, Comics Mart (They have a shop in Mid Valley Megamall). We played this game called Bausack (I think it's from Germany) where you stack various shapes on top of one another to form a tower and avoid toppling it over. Later we played this board game which's name I can't remember (I think it's from Canada because the language on the box looks Dutch to me) that's got something to do with mice and cheese. You play the mice, going around this interactive board looking for cheese. It's a memory game and you could lose mice if someone forces your mice to drop into a hole by pushing the board's tiles. Really fun. We played this game several times. We also played this other game. (No idea what language and where it's from and what's it's name!) It's like dominos with a twist and it's a game based on luck. You roll a set of dices and you have to get these certain number to get the tiles. You also have to roll 'worms' as this game is domino's with worms on them. We played only one round because we found it not very entertaining.

While we were playing those board games, the Nyanyanyanyanyanyanya! song came on, marking the start of the Grand Freeze. A NyanCat went around the event area as cosplayers and people who know of the Grand Freeze stayed still. The NyanCat was made with cloth, cardboard and broomsticks, somewhat like a dragon dance. After the song was over everybody went back to what they were doing. Yati and Wayne complained about how a lot of people were still moving.

After that we did a lot of stoning until 6p.m. Yati and Wayne went back and I was left. Amanda sat with me, bored as well and we chatted a little. Kuui came over and I played with his guns. Haha. My dad later came and picked me up. Wayne, Yati and I decided to cosplay on the next day.

Day 2

I got there really early after my dad dropped my sister at tuition. I sat at the tables to wait for the event to start. This time I had a better look around the booths, I ended up buying a few stuff, eating away my money. I bought three new badges and the C2AGE FIVE t-shirt. Wayne and Yati got there at around 12 and the three of us headed to the toilet to get into cosplay. I brought my Tomodachi mask and I borrowed Wayne's sweater vest, result is my variation of Tomodachi. Despite me saying that I wanna improve my mask, I did not do it. Somehow, I did not have a lot of problems with my mask through the whole day. Once again in my Tomodachi mask, I sight was badly reduced and I can say, almost the whole day, I was unintentionally photo bombing cosplayers and bumping into people, stepping on people's shoes, et cetera. I even accidentally knocked someone's jaw when taking a photo with him. Sorry man.

Sometime in the morning before Wayne and Yati arrived, these two boys, younger than me asked me to join their group to participate in the C2AGE Human RPG Game as they were shot of one person. At first was unwilling but after some persuasion and a short consulting with my conscious, I joined them. Turned out one of the boys, Bryan, recognised me as my sister's older brother. The other guy, Joshua is from a different school. Well, I tried my best helping them while in my Tomodachi cosplay and I did not regret joining them.

Joshua entered the sushi eating competition, which required you to eat as many inarizushi in 10 minutes. Heck I should have went for that instead of the noodle eating competition! I can gobble sushis in twos! And those sushi are inarizushi! I can gobble three in one go! Regret, regret. Well, as Joshua eat his sushi, Wayne, Yati and I walked around. Wayne later followed Abby around because Wayne was cosplaying Byakuran and Abby was Mukuro. Yati followed me around and soon I went to rescue Wayne when he sent me a message calling for help. Turned out he was glomped by a group of screaming KHR fangirls. Their screams could be heard from across the event area. My gosh.

Somewhere around lunchtime, Bryan was competing in the drawing competition. So I helped Joshua complete our remaining quests on the list. We walked around and around looking for a 'witch' to complete this quest we were on and because I was wearing my mask, I couldn't really see well, I even lost Joshua a few times, he was thoughtful to make sure I was behind him. Together we manage to complete all the quests in the list. All's left if for Bryan to finish the drawing competition. Because we finished the quests, I got to leave them and walk around again.

After going round and round, round and round, I got really, really hungry. We went to this Taiwanese restaurant and eat what I would say fairly spicy noodles. Wayne was piping though. He couldn't withstand the spiciness. Me as well, did sorta have a hard time, I accidentally chocked on some soup and it sent steam up my nose. At the restaurant was the fangirls from before. They did not scream or anything but they gave Wayne a marshmallow, Byakuran's signature item. After the meal, they took pictures with Wayne outside the restaurant. Haha. Yati was saying how he was right about the fangirls leaving when we leave. Honestly, Wayne carries Byakuran's character perfectly, if I was a girl I would also go crazy.

After the meal, the ending ceremony was closing in. Bryan called me and we met again. He told me that we got first place in the Human RPG Game because we were the only participants that day. Wow! What a twist of events, things turned out better than expected because I have never won anything in Human RPG Games before. As Bryan told me about our victory (I didn't really help out that much though), cosplayers started scrambling onto the stage to dance Caramelldansen and the start of the event para para ending. After Caramelldansen, came on Cirno's Perfect Math Class. I danced, duh. I knew this dance. It was the first Japanese dance I learned and I screwed up badly. When I realised it was so embarrassed and disappointed in myself. When I got off the stage I realised my legs were trembling, ah, it's the usual stage fright. Luckily was still in cosplay so no one except my friends who know it's me, knows my face. Hahaha! Not until they find out... The following dances included Renai Circulation, Saikyou Pare Parade and others.

After the para para was over, it was the prize giving ceremony. When our names were called, Bryan, Joshua and I went on stage. I screwed up again when I failed to shake hands with the guy who was giving the prize and another time when I failed to respond to the cameraman who told me to get into character for the picture (I was still in cosplay). After we got off stage, Bryan and Joshua checked out the prizes and they decided to give me the Kid Flash action figure that was probably the most valuable item in the bag. We shock hands and then we went our ways. I stayed around to watch the rest of the ending ceremony. I didn't see much though because I still had my mask on, it was hard to see anything beyond one arms length with the lack of lighting as the Sun went down.

Over all, this year's C2AGE has more participants than the last time and it feels bigger as there were more booths. Somehow, I felt that this is the best experience I had cosplaying Tomodachi compared to the previous times. After seeing and talking to Eugene, I find that Eugene has changed. He is not the super blur, anti-social blockhead anymore. Now he's more expressive and sociable and not to mention, he's aware of his surroundings. Wow. A big change in two years. I am actually surprised.

Well, my next event would be Cosfest X.1 in Singapore. Hopefully I can pull of another cosplay there. Before that, I got a major money saving plan to execute. Time to cut down on lunch and snacks.



Me at C2AGE FIVE, day 2.

More pictures will be up.

No comments: