Enter Title Here

Enter Title Here

Offensive content goes here

Offensive content goes here

Monday, April 1, 2013

Hard Disk Stress

Yeah, it's April Fool's Day but what happened is no joke.

I have a Seagate GoFlex external hard disk. I bought this brand because it was said to be great and works on both Mac and PC. But I once had a problem, a huge portion of files from my Assignments folder was corrupted when I accidentally pulled out the hard disk without ejecting it. I manage to save those files but there are still fragments of the corrupted files lingering in it which is only visible on my Mac and not visible on the PC.

Just today, all my Photoshop files for my final assignment due this coming Wednesday disappeared for no reason. I don't remember having any corrupt files or anything. I tried whatever solutions that does not require downloading some software but to no avail. On my PC, the folder is visible but empty, completely empty, properties show that it's 0KB, no hidden files, nothing. On my Mac, the folder is missing instead, there's a System Volume Information folder. I tried to see what's in it but also, nothing. What the hell happened?

This hard disk is almost full already so the new hard disk I plan to get will be something else. I'm sick of having problems with my hard disk. A hard disk is supposed to back-up your files but when the back-up files need a back-up, then it's pointless. I was so upset and stressed that it felt hard to breath. This is seriously fucked up.

No comments: