Enter Title Here

Enter Title Here

Offensive content goes here

Offensive content goes here

Sunday, April 7, 2013

RANT

As we know, most anime are adaptions of a manga or novel series.

There are four results that come out of anime adaptions:
1) The anime adaption is good/great.
2) The anime adaption is okay.
3) The anime adaption sucks!
and rarely,
4) The anime adaption is excellent!

In recent time, most of the anime adaptions suck. Directors who take on to make an anime adaption tend to change parts of the original story from the manga or novel to "suit" animation tastes or fit the allocated anime episode time slots. Which destroys it. (Oh and most directors now pick ecchi mangas and novels because there are a lot of hungry insecure teenage boys out there)

One case which caused a lot of anger and hatred in me is my favorite series, Mirai Nikki. I couldn't bother to watch the anime because many years ago when the manga ended, I tried to get other people to read it and spark interest in them but because most people don't read manga, they shun my recommendation and when the anime came out, they became instant fans, which made me really pissed off.

But what am I on to right now? Thing is, there are differences between the Mirai Nikki manga and the Mirai Nikki anime. Out of all the things, one thing pisses me off a lot, and it was the change of Gasai Yuno's character. From the psychopathic murderous girl who loves Yukiteru, the anime portrayed her as a yandere who loves Yukiteru, thought the two characteristics sound the same, they are not.

Probably what pisses me off most is that fans label Yuno as the face of yandere. The anime Yuno's level of yandere is mediocre! Sure she is over-possessive but does not cut to be the face of yandere (I can't believe Wikipedia also used Yuno as a "good example"). In my opinion, Yuno is more psychotic than yandere.

Basically it all comes to me, hating Mirai Nikki anime fans because they treat Yuno as the queen of yandere. There are many others who are better yanderes than Yuno but because there's no anime adaption, they are not known. Bollocks.

No comments: