Enter Title Here

Enter Title Here

Offensive content goes here

Offensive content goes here

Friday, July 5, 2013

Four Strings

Couple of months back I got a ukulele and I only learned the basic chords and then left it to collect dust. Because of my recent episode of nothing to do, I picked up my uke and learned some easy songs to play. After a few weeks of watching tutorials and ukulele covers, I learned three songs, Melancholy Will by Gorillaz, Get Lucky by Daft Punk and Viva la Vida by Coldplay. I still can't play without looking at my drawings of chords on my notebook though. While learning, I tried to look for chords of my favorite songs but to no avail. There are very few ukulele chords and tabs out there, most of them are for guitars and pianos and since I can't read music, I don't know how to change the chords from other instruments to ukulele format. There are a few chords I find really hard to play because I don't use my left hand a lot and my fingers are stiff, especially my ring finger and pinky. Besides chords I also have two tabs jotted down in my notebook, the Pokemon Center theme and the Imperial March song. I can't get used to playing tabs, it feels strange to strum each string separately. I guess I will be practicing mainly on the three chords I've learned until I get better before I learn more.

No comments: