Enter Title Here

Enter Title Here

Offensive content goes here

Offensive content goes here

Friday, August 2, 2013

About This Blog

A=M
It's been a long six years since I last signed up for a Blogger account. Let's talk about my blog.

A lot of my friends change the name or title of their blog a couple of times at least once, someone I know changes her blog name once every week until she forgot her password. The name of my blog, Raison D'etre is a French phrase meaning, 'reason for existence' which, back then I thought was a really cool name for a diary or in this case, a blog. I had the intention of recording down the notable moments of my life in this blog and so I did. And now, the name of my blog is the very question I ask myself everyday, "What is my purpose in life? What do I want to do? Where do I want to be? What do I want to achieve?" and I haven't found my answers yet.

Vsauce videos always remind me how short life is. I feel that I want to carpe diem and feel self achieving. If that makes sense.

May 2007 was the time I started blogging. I remember my first blog post, it was a ridiculous and really embarrassing introduction (or 'hey it's my first blog post' post) so I deleted it, I wish I didn't so I can laugh at myself for how silly it was. When I first started, I had a couple of rants and pointless 2 sentence long posts about what happened in class or why I disliked this teacher and sort. I had those deleted too because I thought about how childish and naive it was, I don't have the right to condemn my teachers who taught me.

In the middle stages of my blog, it became a random mess consisting of daily events, nonsensical posts (random rambles), pictures and poems. Eventually as I reach adulthood, they became posts about major events in my life or just AMG (Anime, Manga, Games) events and the sort. I also became inactive a couple of times on this blog. Now, I would come here on my blog to express my thoughts and emotions when I believe it's inappropriate to post on Facebook.

Sometimes when I feel really down or when I miss someone I come here and blog about it instead of posting it on Facebook as to not worry too many people. If there are actually people who worry about me.

I don't know how many friends read my blog and who reads my blog. I only know a few who do and most of them are from my secondary school days. I always wonder if people I know in college or from the cosplay movement read my blog. I always get cautious when I post a blog post and sometimes will reconsider what I wrote but now, I just check for spelling and grammar errors. I start to belief that I should be more honest with what I post on my blog.

In the past six years of blog posts, I have a few blog posts that contain hidden messages of all forms and styles. They usually hide a secret or something only for me to remember. Why am I telling this? I believe those "secrets" are not much of a secret anyway. It's not like it's gonna harm anyone. Some of those "secrets" are childish acts of stupidity though.

Blf givw gl wvxrksui gsrh xlwv wrwm'g blf? Gib gsv mvcg lov.

Wt hvwg kog vofr tcf mci, W rcb'h hvwby mci qob rsqcrs am chvsf qcrsg.


I don't really remember what my blog first looked like. All I remember is that I used to have a music player at the bottom of my blog. The layout didn't change much. I don't remember what my first color scheme was but that background has been black for a long time now. I recently changed it to a shade of grey because white font on black is just too much when most webpages are white.

Why did I write this? I wanted to save it for the 10th anniversary of my blog but I was looking through some old posts and rode the nostalgia wave so I had to write this post. Here's to more great memories ahead. Cheers.

No comments: