Enter Title Here

Enter Title Here

Offensive content goes here

Offensive content goes here

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Coo Coo

About a week ago, out of the blue, while I was just doing my usual time wasting on the internet, a pigeon crashed into the little inaccessible totally pointless balcony thing that is supposed to be use for the aircond fan machine thing gosh the previous owner is absolutely stupid. Where was I? Oh yes, a pigeon crashed into the window beside me. I couldn't do anything because there's a grill over the window (hence inaccessible) so I just left the poor fella there. The pigeon just waddled around for quite some time before being recovering a bit to able to fly up to the (retarded) balcony thing (totally useless). I decided to close the window so that the pigeon wouldn't accidentally fly in. And so that pigeon just hanged around until it was able to fly away, after like two hours or something.

Following that incident, the pigeon keeps coming back to the balcony thing. It just hangs around and coos. A quick Google search tells me that pigeons recognises humans, whether the person is good or bad. Unlike the vengeful crows, pigeons avoid unfriendly humans and stick to friendly humans.

Every time it comes, I would close the window, leaving a little gap for air circulation (I need it, the area around my computer is hot). Soon, the visits become from afternoons to evenings to mornings to evenings. Sometimes I would be awaken by it's coos (I often sleep until 1pm now). Some times the pigeon would be at the neighbors' side (where it wasn't renovated into a shitty balcony shaped thing). It just spends the whole day just hanging around and cooing.

Yesterday was no exception. I woke up at 9am finding the pigeon by my window. I got used to it already so I just left the bird alone and played Battlefield 4. I was so focused on trying to snipe an enemy's head that when the pigeon suddenly flew into the window, I yelped in surprised (and shock). I remembered that I told my dad the night before about the pigeon and he said it was a good sign and that if it comes back I should give it some water or food. Yeah, I did that once but the pigeon totally ignored it. Well, I provided it water this time again anyway. Anyway, my dad got home and I quickly called him over to see it. He was impressed and told me a tale about he and his brothers taking care of a pigeon back when they were younger and it gave them good luck. He then went out to buy dinner.

So I continued playing my game when the pigeon bumped into the window again. Then it hit me that the pigeon looked like it was trying to come in, so I closed the window, leaving the small gap like usual. I thought that the pigeon won't be able to come in already so when it bumped in the window another time, I ignored it but then right when I paused the game to take a break the pigeon flew up and got stuck in the gap. I panicked and tried to figure out a way to get it out but not let it in but nothing came to mind. I let the window open a little hoping the pigeon would fall down maybe but not hurt itself. Instead, the pigeon immediately flew right in and landed on my table, right in front of my keyboard. I quickly called for my dad because I don't know how to deal with birds, but of course, my dad is out. My sister came up instead to see what was going on and was terrified of the pigeon, she quickly called my dad and told him the situation, then she promptly took pictures of the pigeon from far. Quickly, I turned off the ceiling fan because I was afraid that the pigeon might fly up and KO itself against the (killer death) blades of the fan. Not knowing what to do next, I just stood away from my table with my phone that I manage to snag before pigeon dude stepped on it (I took the chance to also take a photo).

The pigeon flew around for a bit, walking here and there. I pictured those children stories about taking care of birds and make a make shift "bed" with the box my ukulele came in and a floor rag but who am I kidding, what happens in children stories stay in children stories, the pigeon ignored the "bird bed" and finally landed on the floor. To which, it started following me around, more specifically waddle around, more specifically, it was fixated on my toes, to be precised, it was chasing my toes. I walked around and around, to and fro of my computer table and it kept chasing my toes. When I put both my hands on the computer table to try and Facebook about it, it flies up to my stool, when I walk away, it jumps back onto the floor and chases my toes again. When I decided to stand still and see what it does, it pecked at my toenail! It really hits a nerve and tingles so I tucked my toes until my feet but it still tries to peck at them, so it pecks at my toes. I wanted to try and pick it up but it earlier when it was on my computer table it was fixated on my hands so I was worried it might peck my fingers.

My dad finally got back and calmly he picked up the pigeon. Surprisingly the pigeon was not afraid of my dad and let him pick it up. My dad then took it out to the front and also got it some rice grains for it to eat (my sister quickly went to get my dogs into their cages in case Patches decides to attack the pigeon) but the pigeon got upset and tried to fly back into the house. Even after closing the front door, the pigeon tried to fly in, then it got quiet. Turned out the pigeon flew back to the back of my house, to my window and tried to come in. After knocking into the window a few times, it finally gave up and hanged around like usual. My dad took the rice grains and water from earlier and place them by my window (on the retarded balcony thing). The pigeon took some water, not sure if it ate the rice, and hang around like normal. Then like usual, it left as the sun set, back to where it came from.

My dad commented about how the pigeon is actually well fed (not skinny) and not afraid of us. We're thinking that the pigeon is originally owned by someone else or is still owned by someone else. My dad also said that the pigeon is probably attracted to me already since it kept following me around and tried to fly back into the house to find me. He also kept saying how I will be experiencing something lucky soon. Anyway, I don't know how to keep birds as a pet so it kinda scares me. I just hope the pigeon will stay healthy as it is, and not come in again. Pigeons poop a lot (that's what I heard).

No comments: