Enter Title Here

Enter Title Here

Offensive content goes here

Offensive content goes here

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Series of Random Thoughts

First off, I applied for a part-time job but I haven't been got back at yet. I'm nervous. I hope I get hired. I need to get off my computer as I've been wasting time in front of it for a long time already.

My convocation (or graduation ceremony) is around the corner. I'm nervous. And anxious.
A few weeks ago I went back to college to attend a post-mortem session for our graduation short films along with this year's final year students (who are gonna and are in the process of making their graduation short). I was surprised to how well my group's film turned out. When I saw the final product my group leader showed us the week before I thought, "Damn, we're just so-so." but on that day there were a few more changes and it turned out better than I expected. It went from a "So-so." to a "We did it!". Out of all the other groups, my group's short film manage to get quite a lot of laughs compared to the other groups I deemed better than us. After screening each film, Mr. Mike L. Murphy gave us his final comments on what we can fix to make our film better and stuff.

At the end my group leader wanted to make some changes according to Mike's suggestions so the next week I went to re-render the water simulation. I wasn't there when it came out; It took two days, my group leader said that there wasn't any difference so he's gonna leave it as it was in the final. So that's our short film done. I don't know when we're gonna promote it, I guess I gotta ask him soon. Right now it's only my group leader and me, the others are already working (Shyariman is MIA).

Recently I've been seeing quite a number of weeaboo posts on anime Facebook pages. I try to ignore them but there's so many I can't take it. They're so retarded, it really gets on my nerves. Image posts like,

"When people tell you to stop watching anime."
[Frozen movie screenshot]
"Don't you see... I can't."

Or

"Cartoon, Anime."
"Know the difference."

Or

[A series of images from Nisekoi anime]
"I can't hold all these feels."

Or this image post I saw just now, "Return of 2 Great Anime" and there's an image of DragonBall and Fairy Tail next to each other. Fairy Tail? Great? Are you kidding me? Sure it's a long running manga series, but "great"? Please. DragonBall is not that poor to be compared to Fairy Tail. It's not poor at all! It's out of Fairy Tail's league!

At first the 'Did You Know Anime' page was pretty informative, but sometimes it sprouts stuff that is bluntly obvious. Like names of characters and how they are related to their abilities or skills (DUH!). Or images posts comparing differences of the manga and anime. Those are okay but the comments are full of anime fans who don't know better.

The problem with anime industry now starts with the production companies making anime. Anime nowadays are just girls, boobs, panty shots, more girls and suggestive scenes. What happened to the story? A major turn of events from 2010 and 2014. In just 4 years, anime companies turn towards novels or manga with 'ecchi' as the tag, they take the core story, throw away the content and replace it with fan service. Absolute bullshit. Even Miyazaki Hayao made a comment about the anime industry not making quality anime. A big salute to the master!

Recently an internet phenomenon spawned, Twitch Plays Pokemon (TPP) became such a big hit there's a culture around it. At first it was pretty fun, it was a major chaos of madness in the classic Pokemon Red. But then the players started the TPP culture. Stories started spawning from the random and chaos of the game. "Praise the Helix!", "Anarchy" and "Democracy", those were fun at first but it turned into a monster. The memes and culture that grew around TPP started to poison the normal Pokemon videos. When I saw a comment on Pimpnite's WiFi battle videos saying, "How dare you use the false prophet.". I knew that was going over the line, TPP memes stay in TPP. The world of Pokemon games are not related to the TPP culture, and it seems some idiots cannot differentiate. After TPP completed the game, I started to see how the TPP culture is really stupid. Now I've lost the interest to check out the new TPP on Crystal.

People are ignorant. When I saw a Babymetal music video posted on 9Gag, I was curious to how the oblivious would react to one of Japan's fresh creations. Unsurprisingly, there are a lot of hate comments. Ignorance is such a pain in the ass.

There's a question that has been on my mind for a long time but I don't know how to put it in words. I've tried to word it but the responses I've gotten were just confusion. Time is such a convenient human perception but I am confused by it's beginning of each day and end of each night concept.

As we know, the Earth is round, keep that in mind. Thanks to time zones, we can tell the time of each country or city compared to one's own. Also, with time zones and the Earth's rotation, we know that the countries to the east is faster than countries to the west, with that, the east is sometimes a day ahead of the west. That all works with the 24 hour concept. Now recall that the Earth is round, east is faster than west and that we use a 24 hour concept. When the Earth is round, there must be a starting point of when the very first new day of a 'today' is, and that point is the end of the last 'yesterday'. Where is that point? And if you know where that point is, if you move back and forth within the boundaries of this point, does this mean you are technically traveling forward or backward in time (it's just technical, in terms of numbers, not physical)? Or you your brain just gave up on what I just said. I think I will try to word that properly in a different post.

No comments: