Enter Title Here

Enter Title Here

Offensive content goes here

Offensive content goes here

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Locked Out!

Yesterday after our after-camp-clean-up at SMK Tropicana, my dad came and picked me up. I had to bring home some of my troop stuff I took from our scout den for TriplexTM. My dad got out of the car to help me put the stuff (kettles, portable gas stoves, jud rope) into the boot when it happened.

The car my dad was using was a old, screwed-up car that has a "mind of it's own". Because previously, the car was broke open before and the alarm was rigged, so now, at any time anywhere, the car's appliances can act up on it's own. (example: window wipers move by itself) Oh, and by the way, the car is actually my dad's friend's car, he lend it to my dad because we only have one car and my dad's and my mom's workplace is far from each other.

So, what happened? My dad kinda forgot about the fact that when ever the car engine is on, and the car doors are closed, the car can lock by itself. So, after my dad closes the boot, we found out that the car was locked. Luckily the drivers door was not completely closed because my dad did not close the door but thanks to the weight of the door, it closed by itself, leaving a gap. My dad started pulling the door with his might and I tried putting my finders in the gap to pull the door lock but my fingers are too big. So my dad started to look for a ruler or sort and I explained what happened to 2 parents who were talking at the bus stop outside the school. Soon, my friends came out of the school and noticed that I was still there, so they came to help. William lend my dad his penknife but it could not reach the door lock, then Kaili asked why don't we get a wire and pull open the lock. And so my dad raced off towards the main road looking for something. I tried to fit a scout rope into the gap but it was too soft to reach the door lock, everybody (including a parent) suggested ideas but it only worked on new cars. My dad then came back with a piece of long wire and we started to try and pull the door lock. After some tries, my dad finaly pulled open the lock. Woot! Woot! I waved goodbye to everybody (again) and thanked them and then we left the place.

2 comments:

Josh Siew said...

I got few theories of why the car may have its own mind:

1)The car is alive, like the cars in Pixar's Cars.

2) The car is a Transformer. Car by day, robot by night. And we are not alone.

3) Your dad's friend is a former Knight Rider. He downgraded the car when he's retired, so that people won't use it as an abuse.

4) The car is a haunted secondhand car. The previous owner was killed in the car last time, the soul of the owner got stuck inside. The killer then cleans up the car and sell it to your dad's friend, Your dad's friend had same trouble and realized the car is haunted. So he lend it to your father to use it.

So what do you think of my theories :P?

Max said...

non of the following. like i said, the car was broke in b4 and the alarm system went haywire. so wat we hav now is the after effects.