Enter Title Here

Enter Title Here

Offensive content goes here

Offensive content goes here

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Semester Break

It's the semester break and we have 3 weeks to have fun, fun, fun before we go back to college. Our lecturers have been telling us about practicing drawing and stuff, not to forget everything when we go back. I've been thinking of doing a project using my tablet because all I've been doing with it are doodles and sketches or simple drawings. I had thought of drawing a realistic-looking Pokemon? I don't know.


Before the semester break, I had been inducing myself in all sorts of Japanese videos thanks to WTF Japan Seriously. You can find the webpage it's www.wtfjapanseriously.com/ . Some of the videos are awesome, some a just weird and some are so artistic you go 'WTF?', hence the site name. I watched a few clips of a surrealistic movie titled Funky Forest and I had the worst mind fuck I ever had. I had no idea what I was watching but what I do know it's suppose to be art. It's thanks to WTFJS that I found a new favorite song artist, Genki Sudo, an ex-mix fighter who becomes a singer and a dancer. He does real awesome dances and his MVs include running around the city in slow motion. Here I also learned more about Takashi Murakami, a Japanese artist who's famous for his super flat work and also sculptures. My lecturer mentioned him a year ago, where I learn about Hiropon and My Lonesome Cowboy.


Well, all the artsy stuff aside, I'll be having fun, fun, fun for the coming week. The Bird's are gonna be staying at a member's "nest" for a few days. Activities are laid out and planned. Also I'm gonna be attending an EMPACT course this coming Saturday and Sunday.

No comments: