Enter Title Here

Enter Title Here

Offensive content goes here

Offensive content goes here

Friday, September 17, 2010

Immersing In Fear

Today for Drama class, we had to act out the feeling to total fear or level 10 fear. Each of us acted out as a victim of someone or something and Gary, our lecturer rated us. The requirements were to fall on the floor and make vocal sounds and ultimately, express the 'fear' you were experiencing. I say I did not do a good job. I could not express the amount of 'fear' I wanted to express because I was afraid that I would snap like what happened when I tried it at home. I got myself so scared I snapped and started to laugh hysterically, a reaction that was unintended and unwanted. Sheesh.

I got B+ on my second try of acting out 'fear'. Truth to be told, I really can't imagine level 10 fear. All the time, when I feared something, my brain would adjust myself to minimise the 'fear' I was having and then I would calm down. That even happened on the Space Shot the last time I was at Genting. I was scared at first of the height I was at but then I calmed down before the ride dropped and during the ride, it was pure thrill. I could even laugh at myself because of the way I was screaming on the Space Shot. But still, I won't dare to ride on the Space Shot again. But still I have this tiny urge to go on it again. Argh... Mixed feelings.

Anyway, I was really impressed by most of my classmates who manage to pull it off in an amazing fashion! Kai was the first to get the first A- from Gary. Andrea, Laksh, Laura, Nick, Cardin, Wee, Ann Nee and others manage to pull it off amazingly! I was really impressed and also filled with negative energy at the same time because of the imaginations of trying to immerse myself in 'fear'. Well, after everyone finished the assignment, everyone got back to normal in no time. Professional actors huh? Haha.

No comments: