Enter Title Here

Enter Title Here

Offensive content goes here

Offensive content goes here

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

I Am Good Surgeon!

Today I watched Pewdiepie's new video playing Surgeon Simulator 2013. So I downloaded the game as well for my Mac and I had a go with it just now. The goal of the game is to perform a heart transplant. You basically just get rid of the ribs, throw away the lungs, cut out the heart and toss the new heart into the the big cavity you made and 'Success! It looks like he'll survive.', when it clearly looks like he'll not, which makes the game extremely funny when not taken seriously (Who would?).

The keys controls are fairly okay but it's hard to grab stuff and control the arm. I played six times and I only manage to successfully complete the operation twice. The first success, I had a hard time getting the heart out because I accidentally swept most of the tools off the table. When I manage to put the heart in and get it in position (for some reason it didn't end when I put the heart in), there were three scalpels, some broken beakers, a little spoon thingy and little pieces of ribcage in the cavity. The second time, I played around with the saw too much (spammed it literally) and the patient was loosing blood fast, I couldn't cut out the old heart with the saw (because lungs and broken rigs were swimming around) so I just grabbed the new heart and tossed it in and after the mess of organs rolled around for a bit, I unexpectedly completed the operation (when it clearly was a fail).

The other times I failed I spammed the hammer and another was the patient ran out of blood because I dropped a lot of the tools and it was hard to pick some up. Overall, I think the game is more humorous than it's actual intention. I guess I'll keep it on my Mac for maybe a month and then I'll delete it.

PS: I don't think this end section should be called 'PS' in a blog post. Anyway, I haven't completed Slender since the day I attempted to play it. Still can't get the memory of screaming in my friend's house out of my head.

No comments: