Enter Title Here

Enter Title Here

Offensive content goes here

Offensive content goes here

Friday, January 2, 2015

Christmas and Comic Fiesta

Comic Fiesta Day 1

I woke up behind schedule. I was suppose to leave the house at 7a.m. and reach the LRT station in Kelana Jaya by 7:30a.m. thus allowing me to reach KLCC by 8a.m. and be ready for booth setup and preparations. Instead, I woke up at 7:30a.m., got distracted by my phone for half an hour, reached the LRT station another half an hour later and reached the convention center at about 9:30a.m., which happened to be the time for the event doors to open. What luck but I still manage to set up my stuff in time before the massive crowd pours into the artist booth section which was located far away from the entrance (at Hall 5) at Hall 1.

Upon reaching KLCC, I quickly rushed my way to the convention halls and made my way into Hall 1. There was a ridiculously long queue going into the entrance of the hall for the normal event goers, like usual. I contacted Cheryl and Wee and soon Wee came out of the hall and got me in with our booth pass. After dropping my stuff down and greeting my friends who I haven't seen in a long time, Misaki, Baddie and Za. Cheryl and Choi were out getting food from Suria KLCC. While I waited for the others to settle their goods, Misaki informed me that I should fetch Cheryl and Choi into the event hall with our booth passes and so I went towards Hall 3. After getting the two of them and briefly catching up with them, I had to make a quick drop at the little boys room as usual in the mornings since I've started working. After the quick relief, I went back to the hall and upon entering, I met Wayne! It's been a really long time since I last saw him. We chatted for a bit and then we parted ways. I went back to my booth and set up my badges. With that we were ready for business!

Like usual, our table space was cramped. With five people sharing a single booth, we had no choice. Like usual, I sat at the booth most of the time because digging into my bag full of different Pokeballs is difficult for the others because they don't know the way I've organized them in my bag and I am the only one who can remember ever single Pokeball.

And like usual, nothing much happens at the booth. Most of the eventful events are friends dropping by. My juniors in scouts dropped by. My juniors in college dropped by. Some friends dropped by. But the highlights are of course, Emma came in cosplay as Yokai (Mr. Callaghan) along with Yumi, Mae Yen dropped by! She's got a nice short haircut that makes her look mature, she sure is growing up now. I thought Denise would have went as well but turned out she didn't because she had Christmas dinner in Ipoh. I also met up with Snow, Shu, Mandy and Mandy (Samui and Ayaka). I went one round around the booth area and I spotted Debbie from highschool. I wasn't sure if it was her because I only saw her profile view.  Either way, at 6p.m. we were suppose to close shop. I packed up my stuff and headed to the LRT station. A Christmas party is waiting for me!

Christmas Party

Ethel had invited me and others to her Christmas dinner/party. It was a potluck party but since I came straight from KLCC, I couldn't bring anything that was within my budget. It was mentioned before that there will be a gift exchange so I brought along the Stoplights card game I bought from my workplace there. I was late, so obviously there wasn't much food left. Fortunately I wasn't that much hungry so I ate a little and then the games started. We first had our gifts exchanged. We took turns to read a description of our gift we wrote beforehand and then we took turns to pick a gift from the pool. We also had a choice to snatch gifts that were picked before. At the end, I got Beng's gift and it turned out to be a notebook, much to my disappointment because I thought it was a small novel. Yati got a cool Darth Vader keychain, and Jason got a selfie stick, Melvin got some kind of a mug thing and Hou Yi got a pig soft toy. Those gifts I remember clearly, everyone else's, not so much. After that we played charades to which my team won, whoot! After that we just sat around and chatted random stuff while drinking liquor. I talked to the people I don't know there despite not catching everyone's names. There was wine, rum and vodka. Melvin even made Bloody Mary to which I had like three shots I think. I went pretty tipsy but I got myself under control enough. Eventually I didn't go home, instead I crashed at Yati's house after I sobered up. That was like 3a.m. already.

Comic Fiesta Day 2

I couldn't wake up even after I set my alarm. I just went back to sleep after turning it off. When I did wake up, I figured that I was late already and that I was having a hangover. So I slept another hour and then I headed off to KLCC again.

I had a tag with me so I went right in and set up my stuff. Cheryl and the others were ready already (obviously). Choi wasn't around because she had to go for church in the morning. At one point of the day, Debbie and I caught each other face to face and I went up to meet her. Turned out she was helping out Kid-chan's booth. No wonder I felt that the artwork was so familiar. I was too busy moving along the booths to pay attention to the artists because I wanted to get back to my booth as soon as possible. We chatted for a bit and then went back to our booths. Mae Yen dropped by again but after Krystal and her sister dropped by. Krystal had been messaging me on Facebook about meeting up and I found it quite unusual because besides scouting I don't really talk to Krystal (also that age gap). At my booth I also met Akira! It's been a really long time since I last saw her, she went MIA after some drama about her studies but now she's enrolled into TOA and it seems like she's doing really well. I also caught up with one of the twins, it was either Dion or Fion, I can never tell one the other apart. The two of them are also in college already. This was probably the first time we talked more than three sentences, the twins were always so shy in person. I also caught up with Jun Ee and Yun Han we talked for a bit but I had to attend to some customers and they made their way after a brief farewell. Weiss also dropped by for a short while to greet us. Abel and Mun Hoy also came by. I talked to Abel for quite a while about further studies in animation and creative arts. He later bought some of my badges and went on his way.

Earlier in the morning Sally dropped by, she was pretty excited seeing Cheryl and I. Later in the afternoon, Sally came by again looking down. There were pickpockets going around and she fell victim, losing her cellphone. She had informed the committee members already before coming to our booth but because she got separated from Weiss and Rong Tau she could only turn to us for help. And so I lent her my phone to make calls and log into her Facebook. I let Sally sit with us behind the booth while she waits for her help to come. Later Rong Tau came and the both of them went home after thanking me.

The day went on as per expected of the second day of ACG events. Business was slow but still moving. When it was almost time to pack up, Wee and I went random nuts like the good old times in college, we started shouting random nonsense in Cambodian slang. It was intense I don't even. After we cooled down our random nonsense, we started packing up and said our farewells before heading off our ways. With that Comic Fiesta had come to an end for us. The normal event goers, maybe they're going for the after-CF dance party featuring Hachioji-P.

This year the artist booth section is located so far away from the stage unlike previous years so it was relatively not as active as before. There wasn't any music, just the sounds of the crowd. It wasn't so bad. Cheryl discussed with me about her plans for the next event. She wants to split us so that we have more booth space but that we'll see how it goes. Well then. Until next year!

No comments: