Enter Title Here

Enter Title Here

Offensive content goes here

Offensive content goes here

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Jumping Jumping

Last Tuesday I woke up at 6am after a rough nights sleep. I haven't been able to sleep properly the past few nights and the anticipation of that day's activity and the thought of seeing Lydia again wasn't helping.

After getting ready, I still had time to spare so I let my phone charge and practiced some knots for rock climbing. As it was nearing 6:30am, I had a change of mind and I switched my bag pack to a larger one and headed out. I drove down to Uptown DU for a quick stop at the bank before heading to Lydia's house as planned the night before.

I gave Lydia a call after parking my car outside her house but she didn't answer. I thought I'd wait in the car but I saw her mom outside so I thought I'd greet her. Doing so resulted in Lydia's mom inviting me into the house. I couldn't reject her repeated offer after declining once so I stepped into the house after playing with Nicky, their dog for a bit.

Upon entering the house I quickly remembered that according to religious superstition, I shouldn't have entered because Lydia's grandmother passed away last week. A folding table with her grandmother's portrait and some offerings were placed facing the front door. I'm not that religious so it didn't bother me that much. I took a sit in one of the couch as Lydia's mom informed me that she's in the bath. That quickly alerted me when I heard the toilet door lock opened. After a while Lydia came out, quite surprised to see me. She told me to wait a bit before heading upstairs. After some more waiting, Lydia came back down dressed and told me about the superstition. I assured her about it and she proceeded to pack her stuff. Lydia suddenly asked me if I remembered to bring Kayla's receipt, which to my horror, I realised that I forgot to transfer it from my previous bag to this one. Lydia quickly contacted Kayla and asked her to send her a copy. My carelessness resulted in us not having our breakfast.

After getting Kayla's receipt into her pendrive, Lydia and I headed out to shop lots to find a printing shop but none were open. As we wanted to grab breakfast at the morning market, the Rapid bus arrived and we had no choice but to hop on.

We got off at Asia Jaya and while Lydia was buying her pass to board the train, a Japanese man asked me to help him to buy a ticket to which I immediately assisted him without second thought. Which surprised me because I acted as if it was a normal occurrence to me.

Lydia and I got off at KL Sentral and we met up with Ryan, then we walked out and headed to the KL Methodist College. Our objective is to collect our Spectrum Dash race packs for the run this coming Saturday.

After a small problem entering the campus with the guard, we found ourselves getting stares and looks from the students in the campus as we made our way to the collection point following signs pasted on various walls and railings. We later realised that we were the only ones wearing shorts. As we waited outside the collection place which was locked, a lecturer passed by and asked us why we were wearing shorts. We told her that we weren't students from the college and she seemed rather alarmed and it doesn't appear that she's aware of the event.

After a while a girl in the Spectrum Dash shirt came up to us and informed us about the delay. We waited a little longer and then they finally got the keys to enter the room. We collected our packs and then we headed back. Lydia and I finally got our breakfast at a coffee shop Lydia knows about and we walked around in Nu Sentral for a while before taking the train back to Asia Jaya.

We got back to Section 17 and we hopped into my car. We then headed to 1U to fetch ZL and we headed for lunch at a coffee shop where Ryan's mom sells pan mee. We had lunch and then headed back on the road to our much awaited activity: Jump Street.

After paying the entrance fees and a slight problem with the lockers, we went right in and started jumping in the park full of trampolines. There was one with basketball hoops of various heights, there was a dodge ball arena with trampolines, a foam pit and a large jumping zone as well as an area with professional trampolines. We jumped around and even played dodge ball against another group of people. Ryan has been here before and he learned a trick and tried to teach us. ZL, Lydia and I tried to learn the trick but our bodies were too scared to free fall into the trampoline, regardless, ZL was the most enthusiastic about learning the trick and kept trying.

After an hour, we took a break and cooled ourselves then played another hour. At the last few minutes, we tried the professional trampolines, it was a lot more springy and we easily bounced up. ZL tried to master the trick Ryan taught us here.

As the announcer announced that our time is up, ZL tried his last attempt but messed up and the recoil from the trampoline made him knee himself in the face. This resulted in him getting gashes in around his eyes from the impact of his glasses hitting his face. The wounds were very obviously deep and we quickly brought him out to seek medical attention. ZL however was a little stubborn and kept insisting that he's okay. After the three of us convinced him to get aid, he went into the office with a staff member to get some medicine. Later I helped tape some wire gauze to cover his gashes with the surgical tape I always carry around. It was a very upsetting incident and Lydia especially seemed upset. I suppose she felt responsible because she was the one who organized this outing, on top of knowing that ZL's mom is very protective over her son. This accident is bound to make his mom very upset. I however feel very guilty because of my fascination over how deep the gashes on ZL's face were. All the while I was studying the wounds and doing the science in my head. If I didn't restraint myself I might have asked for a first aid kit and started poking at his gashes for further inspection of the gashes to satisfy my curiosity. His gashes looked like they require some stitches.

I dropped everyone home before meeting up with my family. Well it was a fun day but with a tragic ending. I notice this kind of endings happen way too frequently.

No comments: