Enter Title Here

Enter Title Here

Offensive content goes here

Offensive content goes here

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Log

Today's a nice day. The sun is shining and the wind is blowing. If not for the fact that my house is absurdly dusty because of the renovation going on and the fact that I'm hungry because my mom didn't buy us lunch, today would have been a great day.

When I walked into the kitchen with the empty can of Milo, I was hit with a feeling of breathtaking awe at the frame of life's moment. The sun's rays were shinning through the bamboo shutters of the kitchen windows, there was a glint of reflected light from the kettle resting by the kitchen sink with the living lid open to cool the freshly boiled water, the wall fan was blowing and the soft sound of Kiss from a Rose by Seal was playing in the background from the living room. All of that felt alive and I stood in the kitchen a full minute just to soak all that in. If I had a good video camera I would have went to capture the moment. I was a good moment to capture and put into an artistic short film.

It's the third day I'm having away from work and I've been spamming myself with episodes after episodes of anime, be it something I haven't watched yet or something I've watched already, while slowly cleaning up my computer desk.

Also, I've been feeling pretty sentimental recently. I'm not quite sure why but I'm struggling between wanting to watch tear-jerking anime and sleeping, both which I want to avoid doing at the moment.

Also, my Internet is down because the construction workers snapped our Unifi fiber optic wire. I'm using my mom's mobile data plan with her tablet as a portable hotspot. On top of all that I'm getting annoyed of not having any Internet for my PC.

The other day I went out with Lydia. I don't know if it's counted as a date but as Lydia had mentioned before about seven months ago, 'an outing when a boy and girl are the only ones together is called a "date".'. We first had lunch at Fuel Shack, checked out the huge art store in The Curve, caught a movie, The Rewrite and walked around Ikea before ending the day. We didn't do much but I enjoyed myself very much. It was great catching up with her.

The Rewrite was an interesting film. It felt like something for an art festival yet not quite. It was the first time I could sit back and relax in a cinema, slowly enjoying the piece before me.

No comments: