Enter Title Here

Enter Title Here

Offensive content goes here

Offensive content goes here

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Running My Mouth, Spoiled The Milk

By a stroke of luck (or the work of my sneaky manager or purely coincidence), my off day from work changed to the 6th of January instead of the 10th. What's so special about the 6th of January? I try not to make it any special because I've come to find that this "special" event for this date to be so mundane and uneventful. Either way, it's probably wishful thinking but I wanted to try and make it special anyway despite most of my friends being busy with work or studies.

I spontaneously planned a hike to Broga hill with my colleagues, specifically Lydia, Ryan and Calvin but when Ryan said he can't make it, I got worried and desperate and I asked other people to join. While asking Saw wasn't a bad idea, Kristene heard me and spread the word like butter on bread. It soon became an amalgamation of people interested in joining in. I thought it wasn't a problem so when I updated Lydia about it, she got uninterested because of the number of heads that were going. And when I found out that I won't have the car to myself, we would only have Saw to rely on for transport so that's one car and limited heads to count. When I urged the others to confirm their attendances, one by one each of them bailed out including Calvin, which disappointed me much. Also, if Lydia doesn't go then Ryan won't go. So what's left is a party of three and here I am hoping to convince Lydia to join in again. Simply because I wanted it to make it special.

I was so worried about not having enough people for the hike to work that I forgot that what I wanted was to spend this "special" day with some of the people I care about and not with acquaintances I've made. So much for running my mouth and not thinking through. I hope Lydia will come. I really do. I want to spend time with her on this "special" day because I want to make it special to remember about, not make it yet another mundane "special" day.

But I get the feeling that even if she does go, I won't be as happy as I would have been if I hadn't run my mouth because spoiled milk is spoiled milk. Once, sour, stays sour.

No comments: