Enter Title Here

Enter Title Here

Offensive content goes here

Offensive content goes here

Sunday, May 3, 2009

2 Days at PLTC

PLTC (Patrol Leaders Training Camp) 2009 Daerah Petaling Utama
Date: 1st-3rd May 2009
Venue: SMK Tropicana

I went online and greeted Mr. Colin, he then asked me whether I would like to help out for the camp. Of course I agreed as that could be my last appearance in any district scouting event this year! I nin have to bring anything major for a camp as I worked in the urusetia. I took some of my homework and some extra cloths.

That morning, as I walked into the school gate, I saw Mr. Colin talking to a rover whom I've never met before. I greeted Mr. Colin and he asked me if I want to got to the PKK (Pengakap Kanak-Kanak; Cub Scouts) or stay at the collage dudes (the rovers). I said "Anything." and he said that I shall go help out at the PKK. I greeted the rover and went off to place my stuff in the urusetia and looked for something to do and help with and I found myself at the registration with Ms. LM, WH and FC. FC took pictures while helping with giving "name tags" (masking tape) with me.

After all that, I went back into the urusetia and Mr. Colin exclaimed, "Eh?! You're still here?! The PKK group left already!" I was like "OMG." "You still wanna go? Or did you stay here on purpose?" "No lah sir. (Think...) I'm here to look out for ghosts mah~" "Ok." LOL. SMK Tropicana is popular for their ghosts there. Honestly.

So I stayed there and help out with stuff but there is really nothing to do there! It was so boring! I took pictures with FC's camera until he went home and then we practically don't have anything to do other than watching over the urusetia and the front gate.

I stayed for two days two nights and had fun helping out with things like serving food to the participants, play with Mr. Dawson to show how things are done to the participants and some other stuff.

During the camp, a few things happened. Mr. Ewing fell and had six stitches across his check bone, Jason fell and hurt his head, lap and back (That was partially my fault...) and a participant left the camp in the first night. The next day, a girl from 151 had stomachache, a boy had headache and a another boy was sent to the hospital as we belived that his rib cage cracked.

I still had fun and I also pity the passionate scouts who come from "sesat" troops because they don't know the standardised rules and stuff. Over all, it was great! Yeah!



At the spot where the registration of troops were held.

Me with the marker pen and name tags (masking tape).

Participants setting up their tents.



Participants on the go!

Mr. Colin briefing the troop leaders and representative troop leaders.


At the multipurpose hall waiting for Mr. Colin's awesome speech!!


Mr. Colin giving his awesome speech!!

"When you are not doing anything, don't leave your mouth open. You'll look stupid and we don't want that to happen. Like that guy (Points at me!). He used to have his mouth open."
I kena zha!

Mr. Dawson teaching the scouts on teamwork and trust between team members.

No comments: