Enter Title Here

Enter Title Here

Offensive content goes here

Offensive content goes here

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Merry Otaku Christmas!

Denise invited me to her Christmas party at her house along with Chia Kuui. When I got there, Denise and her dad welcomed me and told me to grab dinner from the buffet table (wow!). Denise, as usual, kept apologizing saying that she can't attend to me as she has to get ready for me performance. I was like, huh? Performance? I then realized what she meant as a bus full of carolers can to the gate. Chia Kuui helped me get dinner and then leaving the plate on the coffee table outside the side door of the house, where the kids are eating, we got into the living room where the carolers sang Christmas carols. It was wonderful. The Christmas spirit totally got into me as I sang along in my head. After the carols, the carolers went around shaking hands and wishing Merry Christmas to everybody in the living room. After that, Chia Kuui and I went back to dinner. When we were about to finish, Denise and Mae Yen (whom I recognize clearly as the girl in Form 1 in Japanese club) joined us. Chia Kuui suddenly went into emo mode and left us. Sigh... That guy really needs an emotion consultant.

In the house, Denise and I exchanged our doujin stuff and looked through it as promised before. Later, Denise showed us her do the Pocky dance and then one thing led to another, Denise and Mae Yen made me join them into dancing Hare Hare Yukai! I was nervous at first, adults here and there... But I manage to turn hyper and joined them doing other dances, Motteke! Sailor Fuku, Caramelldansen and a little bit of Danjo. Chia Kuui emo-ed through the whole time so we made him join us and do Hare Hare Yukai. When Chia Kuui's mood seemed to get better, Denise took us to her room where we tried on her Hitsugaya's shinigami costume. After I put it on, Denise made me go down to the living room. I was hyper at that time so I just joined in and we did poses and took pictures. I am still surprised that I actually did that in front of confused adults who don't understand otaku-ism. Time passed like the wind and the night ended. Denise thanked us repeatedly for coming. I sure did have fun wearing the shinigami costume. I want one too!! Hahaha!!

Left to right, Chia Kuui, me, Denise and Mae Yen




No comments: