Enter Title Here

Enter Title Here

Offensive content goes here

Offensive content goes here

Monday, March 15, 2010

It's A Whole New Experience

Last Saturday, I attended 157th Petaling's Tenderfoot Training Course and also Rover interview and the Annual General Meeting (AGM). I'd say it was a whole new adventure to me. Hahaha.

On Saturday, I followed my sister to BU3 as planned because I can't drive and I did not want to trouble my dad by making him make two trips to send my sister and me separately. When we got in, I greeted Dawson who just drove into the school and I headed to the co-curriculum arena separate from my sister, I waited for her to get there first before going there. Soon, I was greeted by my fellow (ex-)juniors who are just not used to calling me Mr. Jian-Yong. I put down my things and offered to help but Mr. Dawson said to not worry and chill around until everything is settled, he also apologised for making me stone around. Hahaha. I did not mind at all, I walked around the school grounds recalling the good times I had as a student there.

Soon, I got briefed by Dawson about what I can do and stuff because I suddenly showed up last minute. We went istiadat and Dawson passed me to the bunch of newbie scouts for briefing on backwoods and morning inspection. I had Maverick accompany me because I'm not so good in fire starting and also to add on anything I did not mention. I went well, except my sister and her friend who disappeared in the toilet and to show the recruits teamwork I made them stand and wait for them but at the end I let them sit and we went on without my sister because after asking Yu Feng to help me check out, I found out that my sister shat her pants.

After the briefing, Mr. Colin, Jarrel and Mr. Edwyn came. Mr. Colin was shocked about my hair and said I looked like a girl, a paper doll girl meant for the deceased in fact. Honestly I found it funny and laugh. Mr. Colin's opinion gave me my answer to whether I should cut my hair or not. Later around 3, I ringed Beng and asked if he can take me to the BU Community Hall because it was raining, I had no transport and the Rover interview was held there. Beng and I got there first and after waiting for some time, Amanda came and asked if the others were there. We were confused for a moment and then I remembered that Sean and Maverick mentioned before that there were other scouts who were gonna take the Rover interview (Ivan, Chin Tak, etc.). The interview was different from what I had imagined. I shouldn't mention what happened but I can say that we all got accepted. Hahaha.

After the interview, we all headed to the BU Buddhist Society (BUBS) building for AGM. I felt exited and nervous at the same time because it was my first time attending this kind of meeting with high ranking people namely, Mr. Ekbert and Mr. Augustin. That was also my first time seeing Mr. Augustin in person. We listened to Mr. Augustin tell a story and the moral behind it. Then there were some speeches, discussions and an award giving ceremony and it ended with the election for the new executive board. Then we had packet drinks and curry puff. Yummy~ I took the last few ones for Mr. Dawson and Mr. Colin who were not present at the meeting after asking permission from Ms. Li May.

Maverick's dad took Sean and I back to school. When we got there, the scouts were in the middle of their MK night, watching a video about scouting made by Mr. Colin. After the video, I changed out of my sea scout uniform into my land scout uniform and sit by the side and watch the MK night. After Sean, Maverick and I settled down, Dawson briefed us with his night game called Wide Game. We are moderators of the game and we had to come up with some stuff. After MK, Dawson called us together again with the Form4 and 5s to make the game plan. Soon we were all ready and Dawson went to get the juniors ready.

I had some more dinner (left over sausages) and then with the aid of Jarrel and Edwyn, we conducted the first part of Wide Game which is a guessing game where two patrol members act out or use words to make the other patrol members guess a word. There were seven words to guess and from the seven words, they have to form a new word using the first letter from each word. There many parts where the game was really funny. One patrol had the word, 'elegant'. The two patrol members were asking, "Girls are?" and the other patrol members shouted back random words that pretty much describes girls but did not come to 'elegant'. They soon ran out of words and started saying words like, 'kinky' and 'perverted' but they manage to get elegant later on. Another patrol had the word, 'mother' to guess. The two patrol members acted out what a mother would do but the responses from their patrol members were 'breast feeding', 'giving birth' and 'pussy'. I laughed out loud at those answers. After we were done, I continued by joining the seniors and Dawson to splash water at the juniors. At the end, only the Form2 patrol manage to win the game and they got splashed by water as their reward.

Later at night after letting the juniors go to sleep, I decided to finish my 'PedoMan' assignment for Figure Studies. Some of my (ex-)juniors, SenzO, Yu Feng and some others came to watch me. SenzO requested for a piece of paper and he started drawing the old man too. I finished around 3am and then went to sleep on a bench with everyone else. Two hours later, I woke up shivering in the cold. I did not have my sleeping bag because I gave it to my sister. Timothy was awake adn he reported to me about the juniors'. Seems like they woke up at 4am and got ready for morning inspection which is suppose to be held at 6am. I was still groggy and cold but I went to the juniors with Timo and told the juniors to change to their mufti because they were suppose to have morning exercise. The other scouts were still asleep and I can clearly see that Maverick is shivering in his sleep on a chair. I went around the school building with Timothy to keep warm and then went back to the co-curriculum arena to wake the Form2s up. I went back to sleep but woke up again because I couldn't stand the cold. Then Timothy found a packet of coffee for me and I rejoiced over it. Ah yes, I have become some what a coffee addict now, must have one cup a day. Haha.

After istiadat, the juniors started to do their backwoods. Edwyn tells me that we have to try their food after they have finished just like how the Rovers do back when I was still a senior scout. We went round giving tips and help and also checking out on the juniors' progress. I must say that they are pretty good for beginners. They process was fine but the result was bad. Most of the roti lilit was either half cooked or quarterly cooked, their potatoes were not cooked long enough and their chick is defiantly only cooked at only one part. Bleh. I'd give credit though.

After that, Dawson told the juniors to get ready for the water game, penguin football. Before the game, I helped give out nasi lemak to the juniors and then ate my own. After the game, I got really tired and fell asleep. Later on I felt kinda sick. Haha. Must be from the cold morning.

So, after TTC was over and my parents picked my sister and I up, we headed to another destination. A ridiculous one in fact, I think.

After bath and packing clothes, we headed to Genting.

My dad had a one night free stay at one of those expensive hotels and so he did not want to waste the chance. I packed my college stuff as well because we were gonna leave in the morning and so we have no time to go back home before sending me to college.

When we got up there, we checked in and then went for dinner. My parents have some free karaoke thing but my sisters and I did not want to karaoke with them. Haha, it'll be weird to karaoke with parents I think. So my sisters and I had Pizza Hut for dinner. The service there sucks. It's either they don't have enough workers or they just suck bad. The soup, pizza and even drinks came out late. After eating, my mom ordered a take out of that new pizza flavor, the one with many layers, for us to eat because we only had a small pizza among the three of us. After that, my dad took us back to the hotel lobby and then we went to our room ourselves and ate pizza while watching Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street on the idiot box. The pizza was okay, not bad, but it kinda tastes like cardboard, but I still like it.

The next day we left Genting and came back to KL and sent me to college. I was really sleepy and felt feverish that day, probably because of the non-stop activity I had for two days straight. My fever went on for about three days.

No comments: