Enter Title Here

Enter Title Here

Offensive content goes here

Offensive content goes here

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Rotating, Spinning, Shape Shifting, Something

Today I finally bought that Rubik's puzzle I had my eye on since the beginning of this year. Hooza! This is my third shape shifting Rubik's puzzle~ Now for reviews.

It's a copy of the infamous Fisher Cube by Tony Fisher. Of course, I'm cheapskate but I also stick to quality check. The cube's rotations are really really really and really smooth. Not the kind of cheap puzzle quality of super stiff and tough rotating axles.

I got it for RM20.90 with luck because last week when I asked, it was RM29.90. This time, they forgot the price and just labeled it with the price of the cheap 3x3x3 Rubik's cubes on display when I asked (again).

My first impression on the Fisher Cube was that it sorta works like a normal 3x3x3 Rubik's cube, the different cut of the cube just makes it slightly harder to get used to andI was half correct. There is a twist to the Fisher Cube and that is that I need to perform a step before proceeding to the normal 3x3x3 Rubik's cube algorithms. The "sides" and the "corners" of the Fisher Cube are switched around so you'd have to treat each "side" as a "corner" and each "corner" as a "side" when solving. Also, the cross to get on the final layer was also a tricky part as each "side" has two colors.

I had fun solving it for the next few times solving the cube but then I got kinda bored of it after my fifth solve. Still, it's now one of my favorites to have around.

Fisher Cube

Unsolved state.


No comments: