Enter Title Here

Enter Title Here

Offensive content goes here

Offensive content goes here

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Time! Speed! Solve!

Just recently is the Dutch Open for Speed Cubing. Also in Japan, Nakajima Yu is back with his awesome cubing skills. I also got into the mood and did some speed cubing. Because I have not been playing for months, I think I got kinda rusty.

I did 10 solves:
46.78 seconds
46.70 seconds
44.01 seconds
01:01.22 seconds
45.45 seconds
47.79 seconds
01:06.89 seconds
41.24 seconds
48.95 seconds
33.93 seconds

In the last solve, I manage to pull through and get about half a minute. I'm thinking of practicing and polishing my skills. I might actually learn the Fridrich method if I have the spirit to. So far my best record is still 31.97 seconds.

Also, I have finally learned how to solve the Skewb. It was easier than I thought. Just had to remember three algorithms. Now I'm gonna practice on the Skewb as well!

Also, I found out that because of Nakajima Yu's absence, someone else beat his record. A boy by the name Erik Akkersdijk from the Netherlands earned himself an official record of 7.08 seconds on the 3x3x3 Rubik's Cube and also, I thought impossible until I checked it out myself, a record of 0.98 seconds on the 2x2x2 Rubik's Cube. That's like ONE SECOND!

Anyhow, AniManGaki is coming. I'm sorta ready to stomp the grounds. Ah, they are screening movies, Summer Wars, Spirited Away, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and 5cm Per Second. For more info, check out the website.

No comments: