Enter Title Here

Enter Title Here

Offensive content goes here

Offensive content goes here

Friday, October 22, 2010

Wilson Mannor and The Last Drama

Yesterday night I stayed over at Wilson's house along with Laura, Mal, Kai, Chia and Wee. We went there straight after college and had take away food from the Ming Tien kopitiam for dinner. I sat in Wilson's car (his mom picked us up) with Chia while Wee, Laura and Mal sat in Kai's. The moment we got to his house, we put our bags down and got to work immediately. Everyone started to search war pictures, type our final script and take pictures for our play. I got kinda serious around that time but it was not the good kind of serious I usually carry, it was the asshole serious attitude I carried. I got this don't-worry-I-know-what-I'm doing asshole attitude and played Tetris Friends when I was suppose to search for war pictures. Later on I gave shit about the game and got to work. Sorry guys.

After the slide show and the flashback video was complete, we started to rehearse on our play. We did it a few times until 12a.m. Everyone was hot and sweaty, sticky and smelly. At one point, Laura and Mal had to get out of their contact lenses and put on their glasses, I played around and put mine on as well saying that all of us wears glasses and should take a group picture of all of us in glasses.

After the rehearsal, we sat in Wilson's bedroom and took turns to bath. While we waited, we got ready our labels and prepared our props and stuff. Later after everyone had their bath, we played Naruto on Wilson's PS2. Man I miss the game so much. I had not played it for a long time. The game Wilson had was Naruto 4 so it's the older one to the last one for the PS2 games where there's no partner and combo ultimate attacks. I got kind of a show off when playing and I find that Laura is a formidable opponent! Laura is the first person I've ever met who is a formidable opponent besides my highschool friends like Kuui, Wayne, Marcus and Ken! As usual I used Might Guy and Shikamaru, if Wilson had Nartuo 5 with unlocked characters I would have got to use Hinata. Mal was so cute playing Naruto, she never played before so she isn't that fast at mashing the buttons and she made this cute wail when she got pwned by Kai.

We went to sleep after game at 2.30a.m. Mal and Laura slept in Wilson's bedroom while us guys slept in the game room. We cracked some jokes and then dozed off.

I woke up later when I heard Wilson say, "What the fuck!?" because my alarm rang and I did not wake up. I quickly made my way out of my sleeping bag and stopped the alarm. We all lied down for a moment and then I got up after Wilson. We went to his bedroom and we find Mal and Laura, up and dressed. Wilson went into the toilet first so I waited for my turn. Wilson soon popped his head out of the toilet door and said that he was gonna take a shower so I had to wait a little longer. I was still groggy so I can't remember what Mal or Laura said to me or what happened, I just remember taking out my toothbrush and sat on the bed waiting for my turn. Chia came in later on and waited as well and Laura decided to take another short sleep.

After I washed my face and brushed my teeth, Kai also got up already and was already starting to play and joke around. After everyone was ready, we took our bags down and we had breakfast. Wilson's mom prepared bread with jam and milo for us. How nice. Thanks Wilson's mom!

Later, I sat in Kai's car with Laura, Mal and Wee while Wilson and Chia got into Wilson's mom's car and we headed for college. We got there and started to do another round of rehearsal. We were all excited and I can pretty much bet that we all were expecting an A, especially Wee. This final drama was the only play I had high expectations on. I held on to the thought that we would get an A.

After Laksh's group's play, it was our turn. Laksh's group did a great job! They had awesome props and make up and the story was amazing! It was about a fantasy story that had a twist that the fantasy might have been a real thing. They scored an A. We were the second group to perform and I for the first time, I was really nervous and at that point, I had this feeling that after the play, we would get an A but some unfortunate things happened, there were some technical problems, the projector had some problems and we occasionally forgot to plug in the speakers to MacLappy. I actually panicked when the projector was not working, I tried to joke around to ease myself but I still panicked. Through the whole play, I manage to focus on the lines but I still messed up a few times. After the whole play ended, I would normally have this feeling of content that I did what I can and had fun and joy doing it, I would normally have not worried about the score the group I was in would score but this time round, I had so much expectations for an A, I did not feel good because of the mistakes I made. I even missed out a whole line! I felt kinda depressed. Gary gave us an A-. Normally I would be joyous but I did not feel it. I was glad it was at least an A- but because I had high hopes for an A, I did not feel good. Even Kai felt bad, Chia felt bad, Wilson felt bad, Laura felt bad and most of all, Wee was silent, meaning he felt bad. Mal however, for the first time, tired to cheer us up. Normally Mal would be neutral, stoned but when she tried to cheer us up, there was this happy-sad feeling coming from her reaching out to us and telling us to cheer up. I manage to stick my body out of the pool of depression but I still had this lingering guilt. Kai was second to being the most depressed, he kept apologizing to Wee about the technical problems. Wee kept telling us it was okay but we knew that it was not completely 'okay'. We had a few moments of silence and then we went on and watched Wen Wei's play, the last play for today. While watching the play, Kai and I kept silent the whole time. Normally we would be joking around and poking fun but it was total silence, he felt sad and I felt sad too, on top of that, the lack of sleep got to me and I got very tired and disappointed in myself.

Wen Wei's group's play was also a good one, they got a Very Strong A-, close to getting an A. Gary realised the negative vibe from our group and tried to brighten our mood. We then got together and took class photos as our last Drama class (Language & Communication 3 class) in groups and in the whole class. It was like a CD1001-1 reunion today because a lot of our previous classmates who went to different majors came to watch our plays. After the photos, Gary gave us his last wishes and class was dismissed. Mal got us to take a bunch of photos together and there we manage to bring ourselves up. At this point, I realised that we all have bonded together even closer compared to the time when we first met and also with the time when we first grouped together. In just two weeks, the seven of us have become close friends and as I can see, each of us has become even more open up to each other. I guess Mal had the biggest change because she has become more hearty, has more expression and also have learned how to counter Kai's "devious" comments and actions. Laura now also sees me as an opponent in Naruto and now she laughs more often at our joke. Wilson says that he is now even more expressive and can even make fun of girls. Chia, well, I guess he is more beastly now. Hahaha! Wee also has opened up to us as well, asking us to join in his crazy and wacky ideas and activities. Kai, well, he's gotten more expressive on his pervertedness, I say, his desperate pervertedness. Well, both of us has acknowledge each other as fellow perverts and we would argue over minor things childishly, to me, that's the process of become great friends. Well, I realised that I have become more expressive as well and I've started to stop telling lame jokes but I would occasionally say lame things or annoy others. I also have become comfortable around girls, I don't really feel awkward anymore as compared to last time. I really feel happy being with them. I remember while having breakfast at Wilson's house, I joked that we looked like a family and Laura being the mom and Wilson being the dad but seriously, I do feel that we really are a family.

We later had late lunch at Famosa, our usual eating joint for the past few months and we chatted about things that happened and stuff. Wee was not with us that time because he wanted to spent some time with Ann Nee and he also left earlier. Nicole joined us for lunch and we talked about how we met each other and become friends this year. It felt really old even though it was just this year. In just 9 months, each of us become some what different, in personality and appearance. It's amazing how each and every one of us has become such close friends in just 9 months. Just thinking about it moves me so much I could cry tears of joy. I'm not the kind of person who knows how to express myself in words but yeah, thanks guys. I wish that these great happy days will last forever!

Hey! What's with this sentimental moment? Next stop! Swimming! Sleep overs! Camping! Hiking! Let the activities continue! Just name it! Together we will make the happiest times of our lives! Yeah!

P/S: I don't think I would be deleting the music and sounds we used for our play for some time.

No comments: