Enter Title Here

Enter Title Here

Offensive content goes here

Offensive content goes here

Sunday, November 21, 2010

ORGANic

Every third Sunday of every month is Setia Eco Park's monthly fair. People will go to buy stuff and bla bla bla, the usual stuff at a fair. Last month my mom registered for a booth as to sell organic vegetables, with help from my dad's friend. I don't know why my mom wanted to do so but hey, it's something to learn eh? So today my mom dragged my sisters and I to Setia Eco Park for us to help her out. Why dragged? Because I was having my beauty sleep! I was so sleepy I slept at the tables during the fair.

Anyway, at the fair, our supplier came in her van and passed us the organic vegetables, there were many green leafy vegetables, mushrooms, bean curd, gourds and also some interesting stuff like coral seaweed and sea salt. From 10a.m., we were there selling these organic vegetables until 5p.m.

Being a vendor means you will meet all kinds of people. Yeah, some were organic eaters for years, some were new to organic food, some were eager to buy but do have space in their fridge to store.

At one point of the day, my dad was attending to a customer, he was explaining about the organic vegetable farms my dad's friend was running and stuff about the organic foods. The customer then said to my dad, "Are those your kids? You have good looking children.", and my dad, as usual, not listening to others, stuck in his own words floating in his head, said, "Yeah, we are distributors.". My sister and I laughed at that. That's my dad for you, once his mouth opens to let the river of words flow, words from the outside gets drowned out from his head.

At the end of the fair, we did not manage to sell off all the organic vegetables, my mom said it's expected as the suppliers said that since it's the school holidays, people would normally go away for a holiday or go back to their hometowns so there won't be that many people at the fair and so we did not profit. Haha. At least we got to try out the organic vegetables after we got home.

The organic bean curd (tofu) can be eaten straight from the packaging, cold and all. It was my first time eating so and it was pretty filling. Then we had these huge organic oyster mushrooms, some were bigger than my palm and they were crunchy. Of course I cooked them before eating. We also had some organic wholemeal bread. They were small but heavy, which my mom said that they really are wholemeal and seriously, a single slice was filling.

The next fair would be next month, a week before Christmas. Well I don't really look forward to it as the experience I had today was crazy. The weather was hot and I was super sleepy. I sweated while sleeping and I was really thirsty. Oh well, no helping it as my mom would 100% pull me out of bed to help her out.

PS: I feel like eating thick beef burgers and bubble tea...

No comments: