Enter Title Here

Enter Title Here

Offensive content goes here

Offensive content goes here

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

AniManGaki 2010

After having breakfast with my family at a Malay mamak, my dad dropped me off at Center Point where I would meet up with Wayne and hitch a ride to AniManGaki at Sunway University College. Apparently Yati and Kuui were also hitching Wayne's ride.

So the four of us got to Sunway University College. We were pretty early, as the event starts at 10a.m. and we got there at 11a.m. It took us some time to figure out the location of the multipurpose hall and after suiting up into our cosplay, we bought our entry tickets and went in. The staff ran out of 'Cosplayer' tags so we had to take the normal tags.

The moment we enter the event hall, the emcees, Hisashi Guy and Dante (famous cosplayers and emcees on Comic Fiesta Forums) starts AniManGaki. I met Emanuel and Jian Leng at the entrance. They were waiting for Cheryl and Yumi to get into their make up. We took a seat and looked around from there for a moment. The stalls did not seem ready and there weren't that many people around yet. After that, the four of us strolled around taking quick glances and looks at the doujin booths. After that, we walked around some more and then went out to look at other stuff.

Outside the event hall is the Omatsuri festival. We get to play some of the famous Japanese traditional games like Daruma Otoshi, Kendama, Fukuwarai and Kingyo-sukui. There were also non-traditional games like DDR and cross bow archery. I played the cross bow game and daruma otoshi. In my second try, I won the daruma otoshi game in one go. Of course, I did not claim any prices because I did not want it. I played the game for Kuui and later Rin. I paid for the cross bow game though. I sucked at it.

Yati found out about a haunted house at the event so we went to check it out. Two cosplayers welcomed us (one of them I've seen her many times before as Soifon) and we were to go in by twos or threes. I teamed up with Wayne while Kuui teamed up with Yati. The two of them went in first. When it was our turn, I was not that entertained because of the "training" I had days before, staying in the dark room at the print room while doing our project had helped me get use to the darkness easily. I instantly was able to make out the whole place. I could even see the "ghosts" behind the black curtains. Over all, the people who set up the house did a good job. They even had a television on static, it would have been awesome if someone were to crawl out of it, Sadako for the win. Haha. We left the place later and continued to look around the event areas.

While looking around, I meet Jie Lin. She was helping out for the event watching over the kingyo-suki stall. Then later I met up with my college buddies who were there for AniManGaki, Nicole, Cheryl and Yumi were cosplaying, Jian Leng and Emma were there for the event and also to carry the girl's bags. Hahaha. Inside the hall I also met Baddie. Not to forget cosplay friends I know, the twins, Dion and Fion, Pamela, Garret, Amelia, Irene, Zen, Akira and other's who I've seen before but don't know their names. Abby, Senzo and Rin came later on.

I must thank Rin-nee-chama a lot! Why? Because she lent me her new bought wig for my cosplay! Nyuuuu~ Thank you so much Rin! I also have to thank Cheryl for helping me style the wig. Nyuuu~ Thanks Cheryl!

The rest of the day was walking around, sitting in the dressing room, eating, walking around some more and nothing much. When buying lunch, I met Aunty Angie and Stephanie selling food. We talked a little and then I went on with the event.

Seriously, I overspent at AniManGaki, I got too excited over the anime DVD sale and bought two anime series, Saki and Taishou Yakyuu Musume. Saki was most worth it. It was cheaper by almost RM20! I just had to buy it! I guess I can say that I'm lucky because they did not have a lot of the anime series I wanted or I would have been extremely broke but on the other hand, I'm unlucky because I did not get all the anime series I wanted. Win-win eh.

After spending time doing nothing but walking around, sitting around, randoming around, we all went home. Yeah. Cheryl, Nick, Yumi, Emma and Jian Leng went to Sunway Pyramid for the Halloween party there to get free candy. Haha. I left the building with Rin and Senzo as our parents came to get us at the same time.

Unfortunately for me, my mom's camera had some problems and thus I did not get to take a lot of pictures. I think I have less than 10... Oh well.

No comments: