Enter Title Here

Enter Title Here

Offensive content goes here

Offensive content goes here

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Birds On Two Wheels

Today seven of nine Birds went to Botanical Gardens located at Putrajaya. Laura could not go because she was feeling under the weather and Nick had props to finish before Comic Fiesta arrives. In the morning, Wee and Ann Nee drove down to 1Utama to pick me up because I could not get a transport to Sunway Pyramid. Thanks guys for the hassle.

We got to Sunway Pyramid and met up with Chia, Mal, Wilson and Kai at McDonald's for breakfast, only Kai, Wee and I bought KFC for breakfast. Haha. After breakfast, we headed to Giant to buy food for our picnic. After that, we divided ourselves into two groups and one went to Wee's car and the other went to Kai's car. Mal, Wilson and I went to Kai's while Ann Nee and Chia went to Wee's. Then Kai lead the way to Botanic Gardens using Mal's map that she print screened, pasted together and transferred to her PSP.

It did not take us long to get to Botanical Gardens (there was some where during the trip we lost Wee and we kinda panicked) and we were lucky to not get lost like we usually do when going out for our Bird activities. Well, Kai made a wrong turn when he misunderstood Wilson and we ended up in a tiny dead end just by the road. What kind of turning was that?! It was some tiny portion of road that was meant for cars to take a break or something? Well it was really funny. Anyway, we got there in one piece. Yay! I was so excited, I was actually gonna get to ride a tandem bike! A two seater bike! We went up to the office and paid for our rent and then we grabbed our bikes and took off into the horizon.

Okay, not the horizon but we were going uphill. Wee and I got onto the tandem first and we kinda struggled a bit in the beginning because it was kinda hard to synchronise our footwork. We got the hang if it soon and we begun pedaling uphill. At a stop, I got off and "hijacked" Kai's bike and so Kai got onto the tandem and cycled with Wee. We cycled until we got to the peak of the hill and we took a break. Everyone was kinda tired from cycling uphill. For me, I got kinda knee cramps because it has been years (or was it months..?) since I cycled on a bicycle. Well the view was spectacular and the wind was making everything better. We soon went down lower to this picnic spot and we had our lunch. I brought the instant noodles I bought the from the last night market outing with the Birds and hot water. Yay. This was the first time I ate the new Pringles flavor, soft shell crab. It was funny, I felt like I was eating soft shell crab but in chip form. I can't imagine the taste of that blueberry something flavor. Eww.

After lunch, we continued to cycle down. Wilson and I were the first to reach the bottom but Wilson fell off his bike and he got a big graze on his elbow. Apparently the bicycle stand on his bike popped out and made his bike stop suddenly and thus he fell, thanks to laws of physics (thanks why I don't really like reality, it's all about physics).

We took Wilson back to the place where we rented the bicycles and the nice guy who works with the bicycles gave us some first aid stuff to use. I helped Wilson wash his wound and then put on some dressing using the knowledge I learned from Triplex. I wasn't really good with first aid but I was kinda proud I manage to put what I learned to good use.

Wilson's injury did not stop the fun, we continued to head out to cycle more. Unfortunately people started falling too. Kai fell while bringing the tandem down a steep slope, luckily he wasn't injured and Mal also fell on the same slope. She was not hurt too but she tore the knee part of her jeans. Poor Mal. Well I got onto the tandem with Kai this time and we cycled around to look around pretty much the whole park. Sorta. We got to this place where you can go into the lake in the middle of the park. We hanged there for a moment and I skipped some stones. After that we cycled some more and then we put the bicycles back and left for Alamanda.

While in Kai's car, Mal, Kai and Wilson planned Wee's surprise because today's his birthday. Earlier Wee was emoing because he felt that he was not as excited as he used on his birthday. Well, after we got to Alamanda, Mal, Kai and Chia left to buy Wee's cake using MPH bookstore as an excuse to leave. I helped Wilson buy some first aid stuff to replace the one I did for him at Watson. After that, the both of us followed Wee and Ann Nee to decide where to eat. We finally came to the food court as a decision and we "feasted" there. After finishing our food, we chatted a while and as Wee dozed off while sitting, we took out the cake (two slices, we were low on budget) and we sang the birthday song, surprising Wee. He was happy but too tired to show his excitement on full scale.

After that, he headed to MPH bookstore (for real) and checked out some books. I found this biography about Google. My God, what is the world becoming to. Well, Ann Nee was reading this Ripley's Believe It Or Not book and I learned that there was this guy who has a flat head because the top of his skull came off after he healed from getting a lightning strike. Eww. There was a picture too. Then there were these bunch of animals that had pairs of stuff like a cat with two faces, an elephant with two trunks, a goat with two heads, a bird with two heads, the list goes on. After that, we all headed home. I fell asleep in Kai's car and woke up later after he dropped Mal at her home, he proceeded to drop Wilson and me at Sunway Pyramid. After that my dad picked me up and I got home.

This was the first time I got really tired from an activity with the birds. Ann Nee said something about these lying down bicycles. I think it's the recumbent bicycles. Gosh! I wanna try those out!

No comments: