Enter Title Here

Enter Title Here

Offensive content goes here

Offensive content goes here

Monday, December 20, 2010

コミク・フィエスタ 二〇一〇

This year's Comic Fiesta was a blast! My second Comic Fiesta and compared to last year's, this years was the bomb. There was a whole lot more cosplayers, a whole lot more variety of cosplay characters, a whole lot more people who attended Comic Fiesta 2010. Unfortunately for me, I did not have a camera to take, so I am really unfortunate to be unable to take photos of all the countless cosplayers at Comic Fiesta. Oh well.

Pre-Comic Fiesta

I went to college to check my OTP results and I met Chia, Wee and Ann Nee. Chia told me that none of our classmates got OTP so I had one thing less to do. I then headed to Block K with my huge box of stuff and found Cheryl and Nicole. I joined them and did edits to my Anime and Vocaloid Song Guessing Game songs. Cheryl and Nick were making their keychains for sale at Comic Fiesta. Soon Emma and Jian Leng came and following after them was Mal and then Kai. Everyone was here and we were all getting ready for Comic Fiesta.

Soon after Mal got back from buy duct tapes for her Tetris block costume, Kai lead Emma, Jian Leng and I to his car so that we can put our stuff into it, then we headed to KFC to have lunch. Cheryl, Mal and Nick went to have some of their doujin art stuff printed and later joined us. After lunch, we all headed to Daiso in Sunway Pyramid to buy some stuff and after that, Cheryl and Nick went to this new Japanese candy shop to buy some candy. We then all went back. Mal was staying over at Nick's and the rest of us are staying over at Cheryl's along with Yumi and Blackcatz.

Cheryl led Kai the way to her house and we all crowded into her house. We put our things down and settled in, getting 'make yourself feel at home' sink in. Well, Yumi, Blackcatz, Jian Leng and Emma have been to Cheryl's house before numerous times already so it was easy for them. I guess it was because of Emma and Jian Leng's lax attitude I also made myself feel at home. Haha.

After bathing and relaxing around, Cheryl's parents and brother came home. Her dad had bought us dinner and we all dug in. After that, Cheryl and Yumi practiced on their makeup while Jian Leng and Emma got their props ready. Kai tried on his Lao costume and then did what he does best, play Monster Hunter on his PSP. Jian Leng and Emma decided to disturb Kai and the four of us were on the mattress making fun of each other. Later at night, we all were at the hallway. Emma was gluing his Devil May Cry fingers to his gloves. We then hit the sack after that.

Comic Fiesta Day 1

We got up really early around 6.30a.m. except for Kai who as agreed will wake up at 7. Nicole and Mal came around 7.15 and after we got all our stuff, we headed out. The girls sat in Nicole's car (her mom was driving) and the boys into Kai's car. Cheryl's younger brother, Ben, joined us.

Nick's mom drives fast and we almost lost them when we were along Jalan University; we followed a wrong car. Haha. Well, it did not take us long to get to Times Square. After dropping off Jian Leng and Emma, Yumi lead Kai to the parking lot and we later met up at the Meridian Hall in the hotel.

After getting permission, Cheryl lead us to our booth in the hall. We started setting up our booth and because I was gonna be at the booth full time, Nick, Cheryl and Mal ran through the prices of their stuff and I settled into the booth. In the hall, other booth owners were also setting up their stall. I had problems arranging the things not needed on the booth and I ended up having only one chair because I had to put my huge box on one chair so that it'll be easier to open it to show people the sock dolls my mom made for sale. Later Ann Nee and Wee came by and Ann Nee stayed with me to help out.

My feelings? Excited. This would make it my first time at a booth, I got to experience Comic Fiesta in a different point of view. When the doors opened and people started to swarm in, I could not help but to smile because that is the moment Comic Fiesta officially starts.

Rin-neechama and Senzo came by to visit, with them was Jo Yen and Amanda (I only got to know her on the second day). Soon I started to see people I know passing by the booth. It was really refreshing? Is that the word? I felt really happy because I got to see friends who I've not see for a long time. Julian, Wilson, Wei Jin and Justin were there too. It took me some time to recognise Abby, she was cosplaying a character from Angel Beats and she looked really different. Yati, Yat Sun and Wayne soon came by. Yati was cosplaying Yamamoto while Wayne was Byakuran. Really, Yati did a good job on his handmade katana and Wayne's costume was perfect, to me at least, it was perfect. For some reason what seemed like minutes was hours. Ann Nee and I were dying to get out and buy a Black Rock Shooter shirt that was on sale on a booth opposite of ours, unfortunately it was sold out very fast.

This year there wasn't the spam of same cosplay characters like last year (there was a huge number of Kagamine Rin and Len). This year the Vocaloid cosplayers did a huge coverage on the different Vocaloids and UTAUloids. There was even Defoko or Utane Uta! I almost cried tears because someone actually did Utane Uta. I thought no one would cosplay her. There was even a Lily on the second day. Akita Neru was also present and of course, Black Rock Shooters were there. The characters from the anime were also cosplayed. I was awed my brains out.

Around 3.00p.m. Ann Nee and I were getting hungry. I'm not sure about Ann Nee but I wanted to jump out of my shoes and do a sprint around the hall to buy things I want. Of course that was impossible, the lanes along all the booths were packed and flooding like a river. Our sales at the booth wasn't so bad. I hate to say this but I had good sales while the others did not really get good responses. Cheryl and Nick's keychains were sold off pretty fast and Nick manage to sell some of her fan art. Unfortunately for Cheryl and Mal, Cheryl's fan art keychains did not sell and Mal only sold one of her Prussia Photo Booth fan art. My Anime and Vocaloid song guessing challenge got quite a good response surprisingly. A few people played but most of them tried the Vocaloid only and only one person tried the anime. Out of the few people, only one person manage to get a score over ten. Haha. She was cosplaying a Meltdown version Vocaloid (I'm not sure though, her hair was black), I think it was suppose to be Rin. She wrote some Japanese on the list and she manage to guess quite a lot of the songs. Unfortunately she was only familiar with the Vocaloids, she did not do well with the UTAU and others.

After some time, around 4 (I can't remember, my sense of time was lost), Cheryl and Nick came back to the booth to take over our place. They also brought some food for Ann Nee and me. The two of us then headed out to the mall and had our lunch. After that, we went back to the hotel and we had a look at all the booths and the displays around. Along the whole way from the hotel to the mall and from the mall to the hotel, I was practically spazzing over the cosplayers. I was really happy when I saw Touhou Project cosplayers like Reimu, Patchouli, Remilia and others. This year there was a lot of crossplaying guys as well, and I really mean a lot. There were so many it's like a trap fiesta. Well, thanks to this and some encouragement from friends, I think I want to crossplay too. Haha. Rin and Cheryl sure are excited about it and Jian Leng said he would crossplay too.

There were a lot of things I want to buy, especially badges. Ever since Cheryl gave me my first anime-related badge, I wanted to more. It's like a new hobby now, anime badge collecting. I bought a huge bunch of badges (not really huge) and an ANBU mask. After Ann Nee and I finished our "tour" we headed back to the booth and took our places again. Ann Nee was tired so she took a nap under the table. Haha. When she came back up she complained that people who stopped to look at our booth kicks her. Around 6, Wee came back to take Ann Nee home. I stayed at the booth and I don't remember what happened. Hahaha.

Later Cheryl, Nick and others came in to check on me. Day 1 was coming to an end so we packed up and then we headed home. Everyone was exhausted except for me. My legs were only tired because I was standing the whole day, literally, I only sat down for 10 minutes and then continued standing. The whole day would mean 9 hours? My gosh, but oh well, I had my own fun. This was Kai's first time cosplaying and on top of that he's at the biggest event of the year. He was really, really tired. Too bad I did not get to try on Mal's Tetris block costume.

Back at Cheryl's house, we had dinner Cheryl's dad bought and then we got ready for Day 2. My mom said that she'll bring more dolls for me to sell so I had to stay up and wait for my dad. Kai was already asleep and I was watching Scrubs with Jian Leng and Emma. The three girls were in Cheryl's room. Later, Cheryl came out to check on us. Cheryl and I then got down to dividing the earned money because it was messed up some time during the event. Soon, around 12.00a.m., my dad arrived and Cheryl took me out to find my dad. I gave the money I got for the dolls to my dad for my mom and then we went back in. Kai woke up and then went back to sleep. The rest of us also hit the sack after we got our stuff ready.

Comic Fiesta Day 2

This time I'm cosplaying, again as Keiichi, this time I have my Rena~ Rin-neechama got her costume last month. The morning is the same, after having some stew Cheryl's mom cooked, we all headed out and same way we did yesterday. This time Kai did not lose track of Nick's mom and the both of us headed down to the car park after dropping Jian Leng and Emma. Kai parked his car in the same parking lot. Haha.

Up at the hall, we all sat down outside the event hall exit. The Comic Fiesta community members were having a briefing. Later, we went into the hall to set up our booth again. Because I wouldn't be at the booth, I briefed Kai on the sock dolls and I decided to sell the Chupa Chups lollipops instead of setting up the song guessing challenge. After Kai got the idea, I headed back out to find Rin and Senzo.

It was funny because Senzo called me, trying to find me and we were both facing each other less than a meter apart. We got together and Rin passed me her wig and a pair of scissors. She told me to style it and she headed to change to her costume. Senzo followed and I asked Cheryl's help to style the wig. I can't thank Cheryl enough. She has been helping us everyday, letting us sleep at her house, use her things, she's awesome. Cheryl helped me style the wig after helping Nick put on makeup and then proceeded to help Emma with his makeup. We got up and then started hanging around. I did not get to take that many pictures but I'm okay with it. Rin on the other hand got lots of pictures. Haha. Maybe I should have not been so timid and get Keiichi's casual outfit instead of the school outfit. Meh...

Here I got to know Amanda and we had lunch together at a shop that apparently is part of Shabu Shabu. We then rushed back to the event hall because Rin and Senzo joined the cosplay competition. Rin was really nervous and scared, she panicked on stage and ran out after a few minutes. Poor Rin. We manage to cheer her up later.

After walking around and around, I headed back to the booth. Kai was bored out of his boots. I walked around once more the rows of doujin booths to see what I want to buy with Rin, Senzo, Jo Yen, Yati and Wayne. In that journey, I bought a Special Orchestra t-shirt (Nodame Cantabile TV drama) and a bunch of badges. I finally manage to get a Cirno badge! Yay~ I was wishing there was something like ⑨ with Cirno's ice wings but this will do.

I went back and sat at the booth with Kai and Mal. I was really, really tired. Haha. After Rin, Senzo, Yati and Wayne left, I fell asleep at the floor of the booth by the wall. I don't know how long I was asleep but after I got up I was still tired. It was already around 6 something and Cheryl and the rest were already at the booth. We packed up and headed out. As we were going down, we passed by a vending machine and I joyfully bought a can of coffee. Cheryl's dad was busy so we waited for her dad to come with Cheryl and we ate dinner together at the food court in the mall.

After Cheryl's dad came, we split into two again, this time Cheryl was the only one in her dad's car because her sword was huge and there was not enough space of others. Yumi, Jian Leng, Emma and I got into Kai's car and we headed for Cheryl's home.

Post-Comic Fiesta

I got energetic again from dinner and the coffee but I was still tired. While I was bathing, Kai drove back home. We all sat in Cheryl's room after bathing and we chatted. Jian Leng and Emma would occasionally tickle each other. While in the room, I told Cheryl about my plan of crossplaying, Jian Leng was interested too. We later went out and watched Salt. After the movie, we all went to sleep. Salt is not bad, I just don't like the ending which tells me that the chase will keep repeating itself over and over again, Russian spy after Russian spy.

The next morning, Jian Leng, Emma and I lazed around waiting for Cheryl to wake up. After she did, we had breakfast, luncheon meat, peas, cheese and bread. After that we discussed about cosplay plans. It was fun, I learned some new stuff and got interested in some new anime like Starry Sky.

I can't wait for next year. This year's Comic Fiesta was better than last year's, I bet next year's is gonna be a whole lot better!

What's the awesomeness level?! IT'S OVER 9000!!!

No comments: