Enter Title Here

Enter Title Here

Offensive content goes here

Offensive content goes here

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Energy That Runs In My Blood

It's been awhile aye? 2011 is just around the corner and I have finished two anime series before it happens. While at that, I'm now watching three anime series thanks to Kenada.

First I finished Saki (咲), an anime about mahjong. I won't go into details because I'm lazy and I'm in download mode. I'm currently downloading songs, and more songs. Go Wikipedia for further details. Well Saki is about a girl named Miyanaga Saki who has an amazing ability to score 0 points in mahjong which is said to be harder than to win consistently. She joins the mahjong club in her school and goes for the nationals. Well, Saki got me interested in mahjong. Surprisingly I was not that into mahjong before because I never got the chance to learn how to play the game. Well, Saki is really good, I mange to guess that it was produced by Gonzo because of the similar art style as Strike Witches. There are countless scenes that help you get engrossed in the anime and mahjong and as well the motivation to watch the next episode but the weak point of the anime is the number of flashbacks! There were a lot of flashbacks, I kept having urges to skip them. Still, I recommend Saki. Before I end I would like to say something, I don't like Nodoka! She's not aerodynamic! There's huge blobs of fat! Arrgghh!!!

Next I finished Taishou Yakyuu Musume (大正野球娘。), an anime about baseball. During the taishou period in Japan where running is considered vulgar for girls, a group of school girls play baseball, a sport which was only meant for men during that era. This anime really made my hands itch to play baseball. The enthusiasm and spirit of the girls really made me want to play baseball again (well, I played softball in high school). Because the time setting is located in the taishou period, the Japanese spoken by the characters were formal honorific Japanese and it kinda boggled my mind because most of the anime I've watched have slang and rough language. Well for baseball lovers, watching this! I'm telling you! The art style and color also really matched the taishou period pretty well.

Next up, I'm watching ef: A Tail Of Memories, Angel Beats! and Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai (神のみぞ知るセカイ). Yes. So far, ef is kinda confusing even though I have watched two episodes already. Even so, I'm eager to understand the story. I've only watched the first episode of Angel Beats! so I'm still hanging around the confused zone. Angel Beats! have proven to be a good anime in just the first episode, I can't wait to watch the next. For Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai, I think the first episode is kind of a rush but I guess it went pretty well. The beginning was too sudden compared to the manga. Also, I did not expect Keima to have such a voice. Huuh... Same goes to Elsea. Their voices did not go as how I imagined. Oh well.

Well, what's up next? I'm planning on buying Strike Witches season 2 and the first Haruhi movie, Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu. Maybe some others as well, I just need the money to buy them. But the problem is I also need money for my cosplay! Gah!! Where's my allowance?! I have to save money from now on! Cut down expenses on lunch! Noooo!!!

No comments: