Enter Title Here

Enter Title Here

Offensive content goes here

Offensive content goes here

Monday, June 22, 2009

Absolute Disappointment

I am so damn disappointed in the Weekly Shōnen Jump for cancelling the manga series Mx0 (Emu x Zero) last year. I can't believe that they cancelled Mx0 just because of the low ratings received by readers in Japan. Mx0 was amazing! It had a great depth in story and nicely drawn characters with amazing characteristics. This is the biggest disappointment of all in my manga life! How can they do that! I don't like the way Jump works with cancelling low rating manga just because it did not get a good response. The manga just came to a sudden stop right at the most exciting part! The title even showed that it was suppose to run longer! The ending was right in the beginning of a new arc! And that new arc had no signs of coming to an end compared to the recently finished Eyeshield 21 that had obvious signs that it has come to an end. Mx0 was one of the best manga about magic in my Top 10 list! And it's the ONLY one in my list! I never really liked magic-related manga like Happiness! or Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha or even Moetan as they just are harem and moe-filled mangas (but I do love moe~!!). But Mx0 is different! It's now my inspiration to draw better and make better names and great scenes! The cancellation is a total heart breaker for an otaku like me! Why would Jump do such a thing?! Referring to Bakuman, mangas survive by getting lots of votes from the readers. I don't agree with such a thing! Never! Even before I read Mx0! While reading Bakuman, I realized that just because you don't get high ratings, you're manga is as well as dead. Why is that so? Just because you're close to loosing or dying it doesn't mean it's the end for you right? You can still get back up and fight! Isn't that what mangas always have?! Almost dying or almost loosing characters continue to fight and at the end will win. Looking at the manga that ran with Mx0, there were too many potential manga in it's way but still, there were a bunch of manga which I think should have been in Mx0's place! (For example, Toriko, I don't like the story line! It's too typical and boring! It's like a Yakitate!! Japan rip-off!) But still, tough opponents like One Piece, Bleach and Naruto are unstoppable from being in Top 30. I may not know at what place did Mx0 get that had it getting cancelled but I still think it's unfair! If I had the power to, I will make Mx0 a running series again and I will read it until a happy ending is achieved! Not a crappy half cut ending which came too sudden! I am very unsatisfied and very annoyed by the cancellation! I can honestly say that through January 2008 and May 2008, there were a bunch of manga I think was not worth reading and voting! What's more, after Mx0 and Hatsukoi Limited were forced to stop, Toriko came in! WTF!! I feel so disgusted by this! It's something I can never accept! I want Mx0 to continue!! I want to continue to feel the happiness of enjoying an amazing manga you cannot find around the corner! YARGH!!

(Luckly Mirai Nikki (Future Diary) is still running or I would've gone berserk. Never give up! Manga forever!!)

No comments: