Enter Title Here

Enter Title Here

Offensive content goes here

Offensive content goes here

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

He's black. He's white. He's gone.

Yup, it's the infamous Micheal Jackson I'm talking about. The news about his death had really rocked the world and probably everyone on Earth is crying over it. I was shocked to hear that the black turned white King of Pop had died when I was in school. Since that day till now, MJ's songs have been playing on the radio and in my friends mouths over and over again. Sam is singing in class more than every now and he keeps getting the urge to dance. He was doing Beat It non-stop today. Xin and Yubs were sad over it and Josh have been making up random stuff about MJ. For someone who is not much of a fan, I just felt sad that the King of Pop had left us but also I felt happy for him because I believe that he was suffering while still living. My mom told me about the past when MJ's songs were a blast and how they (adults) grew up with them. The first thing I can remember clearly in my mind about MJ's music videos is Earth Song and the first thing that comes to my mind is the part where MJ is holding on to two trees and screaming, "Ahhhhh!!!" in melody. That music video was also the first song I've heard by MJ and I liked it in two ways, in the past, I liked it because I thought that the trees and animals going in reverse was cool, and now, I like it because MJ was giving everyone the message about the problems Earth is facing (Animal extinction, pollution, war, etc.). Many years later, I watched music videos like Smooth Criminal, Beat It, Thriller, Man in the Mirror and Remember the Time. My mom told me I've watched Black or White but I can't seem to remember it. Haha. There were many things I liked about MJ's music because they either had cool and amazing dance moves (moonwalk, anti-gravity lean) or they had a meaning to it or they had some really cool CGI effects. Looking at MJ's dances, I think he was the root for most dances we see today like break dance and robot (A good video is Remember the Time). In the papers, people have been writing in talking about MJ and the challenges he had faced throughout his career and life. I think all the bad things about MJ are fake. Anyway, here's to Micheal Jackson, the King of Pop.

No comments: