Enter Title Here

Enter Title Here

Offensive content goes here

Offensive content goes here

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

MITF

On Sunday, Wayne, Abby, Melvin, Kuui, Josh, Yati, Ken and I went to Midvalley Mega Mall to attend the Malaysian International Toy Fair. Our little otaku group, Sannin Kai made our first gathering as Ken (Kenada) came back from Canada as he is having his holidays.

MITF in terms of exhibitions and activities are horrible. There were a lot of toys but not enough to fit the term 'toy fair'. We had to pay to get in and we got bored after a few hours there but with the company of other cosplayers it was not that bad. There was not much display there and there was very little things to see. Even though it was suppose to be some big event, I think C2AGE and Nips Challenge turned out to be more exciting.

We went there in two groups, Abby's car (Abby, Wayne, Meow and me), Kuui's car, (Kuui and Josh) and Yati and Ken came on their own separately. After we got in, Abby went straight to get into her Mukuro cosplay. Wayne and I waited for some time before going in leaving Meow with Abby's props and bag. I forgot to bring my 'dying will flame' with me so Wayne and I decided to go to a bookstore and make one there. After Abby was done, Wayne and I waited for Ken to arrive. He got there soon in a t-shirt and jeans. After a second of welcoming Ken back to Malaysia, the both of us started 'torturing' him.

We went down to MPH and I bought a small orange colored card worth 55 cents. Then I went back in and used their free testing marker pens and highlighters to draw and color my fire. Then making my way to the blades section, finding a blade I can use (not wrapped) I cut the fire out and then bought a masking tape and left. People in the store looked at me like some weirdo because I had messy hair (wig) and outfit along with a blazer and badass gloves. I really stood out and it was kinda embarrassing. I quickly headed back to the event place after losing Wayne, Ken, Yait and Kuui.

When I got back to the event place, Abby helped me borrow a hair clip for my fail 'dying will flame'. The emcee called up all the cosplayers to the stage to pose for pictures. Too bad Wayne and Kenada were not there, they went to Jusco to buy Kenada's last minute cosplay clothes. After the photo shoots, I met Jean who was standing in the crowd. Wayne and Ken came back and as we waited for Ken to get dressed, I introduced Wayne to Jean. Jean left after that when Kenada came out in his Kira cosplay but he was a failed one because he did not have the correct hair color and style. We sat down at a small corner where there were cosplayers there and Zien came to greet us. She then proceeded to help Wayne do his hair. We walked around to look at the booths after that when Josh and Meow found us. It was then confirmed that Yati disappeared somewhere and no one was able to contact him.

After that we went to grab some food. I dirtied my shirt with tom yam soup at the food court we were at but boy, the tom yam was good! It was really spicy! We went back to the event place and got bored after that. Abby was having fun the whole time with her cosplay friends. Unfortunately for us, we are not that sociable and we just sat around them and kept quiet. Josh and Meow left soon after.

This lasted for hours until most of the cosplayers left. The event was still going on but the cosplay event was over hours ago. When the remaining cosplayers decided to leave, we all together went to have dinner at The Gardens. We went to a food court there. Turned out that other cosplayers were there having dinner. After eating dinner we went home.

Sannin Kai finally meet up in reality!

Example of camera picture. Quite a number of them are blur.



Strawberry smell reeks in this area.

No comments: