Enter Title Here

Enter Title Here

Offensive content goes here

Offensive content goes here

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Priceless Treasures Of Childhood Memories

My sister's school (which is also my primary school) is having their annual selling event where people sell their unwanted stuff to students at super cheap prices ranging from RM0.10 to RM50.00. Believe it or not, a used packet of tissues costs 20 cents! Well, because of this event, my mom asked us (my two sisters and I) to clean our desk, shelves and cupboards to get rid of our unwanted stuff. Doing so, I found a lot of my old, dusty, hidden and almost forgotten belongings that I treasure. Finding them sure do bring back a lot of priceless memories.

I started off with cleaning out the inside of my desk and I found a lot of things that I had forgotten about,
-A box of poker cards that I did not know that I have
-My jug of pens and pencils, well, I can see them clearly as they stand out the most
-My box of useless CDs
-Unopened packets of pens
-An old McDonald's egg tray with paper bullets and two large marbles in it

Here's one thing with a memorable history, my very first trophy ever!

I got in when I was 13 years old, in Form1, at a camp in Taiping, Perak. It was more of like a what we now call a leisure camp and this camp was my very first camp. If I'm not mistaken, my troop had five representatives, three Form1s, Nicholas, Yat Hong and I, one Form2, Aaron and Form3, David. The campsite was located somewhere in between Maxwell Hill and Taiping Night Zoo. Looking at Google Earth brought back more memories. During the opening ceremony, we were divided into patrols. Amazingly, Aaron, Yat Hong and I were in the same patrol. We were put together with two girls from SMK Taman Sea and a Malay girl who disappeared from our patrol every since the second day of camp. Aaron was made the patrol leader and the two other girls the assistant patrol leader and the Q.M.M. I can't remember who was the Q.M.A. I think it was Yat Hong. I remember Aaron fell in love with our Q.M.M. but he did not admit it, even after transferring to Taman Sea the next year. Hmm... Can't remember the girl's name... Anyway, the name Yati for Yat Hong came from this camp because the people in charge (were they rovers? Can't be too sure...) told us to not call each other using our names at night, so Nicholas said to nickname ourselves, Nicky (Nicholas), Yati (Yat Hong) and Jenny (Me). The most memorable activity during the camp was hiking down Maxwell Hill, OBH (Operasi Buring Hantu) and the backwoods activity. We went up Maxwell Hill by jeep but when we had to go down, there was no jeep... So all of us had to hike down the hill. The most memorable thing about the hike was a girl, who slipped and roll down the slope. David who was some distance behind zoomed towards her, picked her up and asked, "Are you okay?" "Is your face okay? Ah.. It's it's still pretty. Don't worry." Hahaha! As expected of David. It rained when we were going down and it was first time seeing so many rainbows and walking through one! It was like a magical feeling.

Some of my stuff were placed under and around my desk so I lay them out neatly, cleaned the boxes and check out the stuff inside. The first box I opened was a B.first shoe box with the words, "Old Cards" on it. Wow. With one box, I ran to my shelf and pulled out other shoe boxes and opened them one by one and then bringing them together to form my collection of Pokemon cards.


A lot? There are about more than five thousand cards in total. Can you believe it? Believe it!





My card file holds the current generation of Pokemon cards that are labeled rare. The current generation ranges from EX Ruby&Sapphire theme to Diamond&Pearl Great Encounters theme.



It's really thick huh? Well, can you see there's a lighter layer somewhere in the middle? It separates my rare Pokemon cards and my Naruto cards.

My 1st and 2nd generation rare and promo cards and energy cards are kept here.

I don't think anybody remembers these cards! They were the first cards sold worldwide! From left to right, Base Set, Fossil and Jungle theme. I bet my friends who play Pokemon cards don't have these anymore.

All the 1st generation cards, Base Set, Base Set 2, Fossil, Jungle, Team Rocket, Gym Heroes, Promo and the Magneton is a 2nd Generation, Skyridge.

2nd generation cards, Neo Genesis, Neo Discovery, Neo Revelation and Neo Destiny. I also have the Legendary Collection theme cards.

Unowns from Neo Discovery. I think I'm shot about 3 alphabets. There were only 26 types of Unowns during this time.


Difference between the 1st, 2nd and 3rd generation cards. I forgot to put the 4th generation cards here...

My Pikachu! I remember I got this promo card when I was 11, along with Flying Pikachu and Surfing Pikachu.

The difference between the Energy cards for the 4 generations. (Left: 3rd and 4th generation; Right: 1st and 2nd generation)

I remember I had 21 self-made Pokemon card decks which I always used to play the game with my sister. Even so, I've never entered any competitions with my decks. I remember I entered one competition at ToyzBar at Atria last year with my Ghost-type deck with a good collection of Gengars, Dusclops' and Banettes. The deck was not really well made in fact and so I lost at the first round. Remembering Pokemon cards reminds me of my Pokemon figurines (they are kept in a box under the piano chair) which also reminds me of how naughty, how cunning, how shifty and how dishonest I was (from age 8 to 9). I remember I tricked Zer Hann into trading my broken Ampharos for his really cool Magneton. I also remember stealing a Kabutops from a shop! I still have it though but it's head came off. Now it's head it back on with the help of UHU glue.

After taking pictures, I kept the cards and opened a box containing a bunch of papers that were simply tossed into. I then dug up my Naruto collection of headbands and kunais. I removed them from their boxes and put them together with my Bleach character key chains that were placed in a shoe box which was placed under my desk.


I have two kunais, one plastic and one metal. The metal kunai can actually hurt somebody. I threw it and it made a puncture in my chair.


My proud collection of Naruto headbands. A few months ago I took the Otogakure headband to school and tried to make Chia Kuui angry. Did not really get the results I wanted but he did not want to touch it. That's a Naruto worshiper for you. Who wanna convert to Narutoism? No thank you. I'm fine with Haruhiism, Kyonkoism and Renaism.

My Bleach key chains. So kyuuute~

I'm doing it right, right? Most Amegakure ninjas have a breathing tube or breathing mask right? I remember the three ninjas that attacked Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura during the chunin exams that were named, Oboro, Kagari and Mubi. I look like Kagari here.

Woot! Who am I?! I'm Chia Kuui! A.k.a. Jak Naruto! Wa-chao! Hahaha.

I also found my Digimon cards.

And my Yu-Gi-Oh! and Naruto cards.

Also, my Pokemon Trading Figure Game (TFG). It seems like I'm the only person among my friends to know and have these babies.

They function the same as the trading card game except you spin to attack (the attacks are located at the base) and you have to move your Pokemon on the battle mat.


Inside the cupboards of my desk are my collection of Bionicle toys. I have quite a lot of them but never a full collection of each set.




Hmm... Even though cleaning up would help me find a lot of my lost treasures, I also lost a bunch of current things during the process. I lost my add math tuition excercise book... Back to cleaning up. Haha. I hate cleaning up...

1 comment:

HamsterBomb said...

Hey I'm actually collecting the pokemon tfg sets and I can't find skarmory and abra. If you still have yours are you willing to sell or trade? Thanks