Enter Title Here

Enter Title Here

Offensive content goes here

Offensive content goes here

Saturday, January 16, 2010

One Word That Starts With S, Surprise!

So... Let me take you to a few days after New Year 2010.

Flashback
(A rough conversation between Marcus and I)

Jian-Yong: Hey let's hold a surprise birthday party for Wei Mae.
Marcus: Okay. Blah blah blah blah blah. (things to get prepared for the surprise party)
Jian-Yong: Yeah, let's blah blah blah blah blah blah. (plan)
Marcus: Who do we have to invite? Okay, let's see... Blah blah blah blah blah. (list of names)
Jian-Yong: Oh, and blah blah blah blah blah. (more names)
Marcus: Okay... How do we do this?
Jian-Yong: Talk to her parents?
Marcus: Who?
Jian-Yong: ...
Marcus: ...
Jian-Yong: ...
Marcus: ...
Jian-Yong: ...
Marcus: ...
Jian-Yong: ...
Marcus: ...
Jian-Yong: Me?
Marcus: Okay. So we got to have Plan A and Plan B and Plan C and Plan D and... (E, F, G...)
Jian-Yong: Okay. So this is the main plan, blah blah blah blah blah. (Lunch at Chilies plan)
Marcus: What if her mom don't let?
Jian-Yong: Okay... If so, blah blah blah blah blah (Surprise at Wei Mae's house plan)
Marcus: What if cannot also?
Jian-Yong: I'll just call her mom and talk to her.
Marcus: When?
Jian-Yong: Err... 9th? Directly one week before 16th. We can't have it on the 19th anyway right?
Marcus: Yeah. Okay.
Jian-Yong: Let's do this! Whoo!

Disclaimer: The previous conversation in the flashback has been edited due to hyper-ness.

And so, I called Wei Mae's mom and we discussed a bit on the party. Wei Mae's mom agreed on whatever I proposed and she said that the decision is mine. Wow. I never knew talking to adults was so easy. And so, it took me two days to confirm where to have the party, Chilies at 1Utama.

I never done this kind of thing before so I was very uncertain, kinda shaky. I made a event thingy on Facebook and got people into it. I learned some mistakes from my previous failure (not really..) event, my Standard4 reunion gathering and fixed the problems that I had. Everything kinda went smoothly. The problem is people take time to confirm and they like to do it last minute. Oh never mind, at least they did inform us (Marcus and I) by Friday, the day before d-day.

Saturday, 16th January 2010
1100 hours

I met up with Marcus outside Chilies. (We met Wei Xin too.) Our plan was to reserve a table, buy the cake, come back and wait for everyone but no... Chilies don't allow reservations anymore and they certainly suck balls. So Marcus and I went to Secret Recipe to buy the birthday cake. According to Wei Mae's mom, chocolate indulgence. Hmm... Marcus said that they have bought chocolate indulgence many times already so we decided to flip a coin to decide what to get.

Marcus and I walk out of Secret Recipe with chocolate indulgence. We saw Kelly as soon as we stepped outside and I reminded Kel to be at Chilies by 12. Yeah. Heck I forgot girls are the slowest moving humans on Earth, only they become the fastest humans on Earth when they see the four letter word, SALE. So everybody ended up coming really late which made me go crazy from worry. I had to ask Wei Mae's mom to come later so that when everybody gets ready, they can come. Oh, but guess what, Chilies did not bother to help us out and let all the tables be taken. So we had to wait with everybody outside the restaurant. I was half pissed off, half worried.

After some time, we then manage to get our tables. I informed Wei Mae's mom and we waited. Soon enough, Wei Mae and her parents came in and we all went, "Surprise!". Wei Mae stoned there like literally. Then I got up and introduced myself better to her mom and I said hello to her dad. Hm, I still get stiff when I talk to adults. So Wei Mae joined us and her parents insisted that they don't want to join us for the lunch. And so, we had our lunch. Yeah.

After the food, we hanged around in the restaurant for a while (because the back part of the restaurant where we were did not have any other costumers except for us!) and then Kelly started the present giving with hers and then other presents came out. I did not get Wei Mae a present yet because I'm already broke (*sob). Then, we had the cake we bought earlier come out (oh yeah, I passed it to one of the manager-looking staff) and the Chilies manager(s?) made Wei Mae stand on the chair and we sang the birthday song. Abigail showed off her culinary skills she obtained from her college classes and we all had cake~ Then, Abigail tried to slap some of the cake at Wei Mae's face but failed but she still manage to get some cake on her face.

After that, here comes the part where everybody doesn't like, paying the bill. Normally among us guys, we randomly give a figure to our food and just pay, who gets the change will be the one who paid most unless that guys doesn't want it and gives it to someone else. But now, with girls in the picture, it's a completely different story. I learned one thing, girls are calculative when it comes to money and that's what makes girls the better humans that can control budgets. Kelly kept counting each persons pay over and over again which gave me quite a headache, I never really bothered to see how much I gotta pay, I just bring my pay to the nearest ten and pay. At the end, I did not have enough money to do anything else other than bowling and I knew that that would happen. Sigh...

My plan was we go karaoke but because the girls did not want to sing and some of us have no bread left, the girls decided to do what all girls love to do, window shopping. I have no idea how, but I got stuck with the girl girls (Kelly, Sam, Yee Peng, Hui Qian, Hou Yi, Wei Mae) and I followed them around, I felt like I was a burden and a stalker but what can I do? The others (Yat Hong, Marcus, Abigail, Luke, Yu Beng) disappeared and they did not tell me where they went to. So I did some research while waiting for the girls outside Padini, I observed the surroundings, turning everything I see into shapes, rectangles, triangles, circles, for Drawing class and then I observed the people I see around me, their faces, the details of their faces and the proportions of their faces, the location of their eyes, nose, et cetera along with imaginary lines on their faces to get the correct proportions for Figure Studies class. Boring, really boring and not much came to me because I was not wearing my glasses so people from far away was hard to see and if I was looking at someone near, they might think I'm some weirdo or something else bad. Wei Mae and Hou Yi soon left for home and I followed Kelly and the gang for a while. After that, Yati called me and told me their location and so I parted with the girls and joined the guys. Abigail was not with them anymore and I did not bother to question because I was feeling kinda depressed and disappointed and tired. Why? Like I said, girls are the slowest moving humans. I'm not used to walking slowly. It can kill.

So after that, we went bowling and played pool. Then everybody left one by one. The last place was Ching Hou, Marcus and I at MPH bookstore. I dunno why but Ching Hou gave me a box of ham jim peng. Strange...

No comments: