Enter Title Here

Enter Title Here

Offensive content goes here

Offensive content goes here

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Classroom Rage

Today before class started, Daniel talked to us about having his class on a Saturday. At first he showed us a picture of a young boy forced to labour. Then he said things about the drop in our class' attendance. He showed us another picture of people who are forced to work. He then said things about being lucky to be able to have proper education.

Then, he hit my anger point, he said things like, "There's a difference between a mechanic and a car engineer.", "You have to come to class so that you can be professional in art.", and "The dish washer cannot write so he cannot be a waiter, the waiter cannot count so he cannot be a cashier, the cashier can write and count so that makes him the pro.".

I was furious! Today the Rovers are helping out at Hyams Family and I wanted to go! I could have been feeling happy giving a hand to the unfortunate but no, I was in college on a Saturday, sitting in a classroom listening to a narrow-minded person's point of view full of unprofessionalism and getting pissed off. I wanted to raise my hand and shoot back at him, "What if the cashier did no go to work because he wanted to help out at an orphanage or bring happiness to the unfortunate?! Does being pro make you happy?! I DON'T THINK SO!!", but what's the point of saying that? If I said that, I would have to leave the classroom because I was referring to myself and I don't have any form of transport to go anywhere and my dad was somewhere around Sunway, I cannot just call him and tell him to take me back because I got pissed at a lecturer. So I puffed my anger without any interest to listen to his boring lecturer about Constructivism and De Stijl. I just looked at my notes and his slides, his voice was a nuisance to me.

I've come to dislike Daniel. Mr. Anderson was so much better of a History lecturer than him. Daniel just comes into class and reads from his slides with a monotonous boring voice and gives out tiny bits of extra information, giving me the impression that he just doing his lecturers impromptu, pulling bits of information from memory without any interest of lecturing. Also, he threatened Mal, Laura, Nick and Suet Ling because they were whispering to each other about a part of his lecturer, saying that their voices were disturbing his train of thought. What kind of lecturer does that? Seriously! I can still remember during my first semester I was always looking forward to History of Art and Design class. Now, I don't even have enthusiasm to go to History class.

No comments: